Question
Drivers for windows 8.1
Replies (56)

Student
redneck_chickkk
Message 21 of 57 (1,804 Views)

Re: Drivers for windows 8.1

Um yes, since I have updated to Windows 8.1 it will not let me pull up my phone under the devices section. So, I was wondering what could be the cause of that? I mean it shows that my phone is that there and plugged up, but I can't open it and do anything else from that point. Please help! 

Honor Student
publication
Message 22 of 57 (1,780 Views)

mi coputer sempre segna rosso di support assistant perfabore mi aiuta

Honor Student
Idaho2Arizona
Message 23 of 57 (1,703 Views)

This is my problem. I purchased a new HP Pavilion laptop a couple of months ago, and I immediately began receiving pop-ups and messages to upgrade to Windows 8.1. I thought this was coming from HP. HP needs to find a way to attach to these messages that this computer has not been tested for W8.1!! Poor management.  

Tutor
lori1234
Message 24 of 57 (1,525 Views)

Hellom

I upgraded to 8.1 and I am having a problem . It says the drivers are missing and I am geting a black screen. I have a HP Laptop 2000. please help me get this back to normal

Student
LividCustomer
Message 25 of 57 (1,518 Views)

Above, 

BHK6 wrote:

Hi suryaenvy,

I see you are having a problem with your drivers. Reinstall the Windows 8 drivers for the time being. They should be compatible with Windows 8.1.

Thank you,

Yes, but HOW?!?!

HOW do I find the Windows 8 driver for the DVD/CD player that's stopped working since the update? Plugging in the device model number - HP DVD A DH16ACSHR - in HPs driver search comes up with no results. When I try to 'update software' through the drive's properties, it will only 'search automatically' and return "Windows has determined the software for your device is up to date".

Great. It might be, but that version of driver now does not work with my HP PC P2-1334 

HOW do I roll it back to the version of friver for my DVD/CD player that existed before the Win8.1 update?

Honor Student
bigt0001
Message 26 of 57 (1,511 Views)

I went to the document you suggested in your reply to my post.

I tried every suggestion in the document and none of them worked!

Internet Explorer not working was one of many issues I had with Windows 8.1. Email wouldn't work. None of the games I play would work. 

So, I reverted the system to Windows 8 and everything worked again! 

I suggest that everyone having these issues do the same: REVERT your system to Windows 8.

AND: IGNORE any popups to convert to 8.1  !!

Tutor
lori1234
Message 27 of 57 (1,503 Views)

Hello,

No it is not fixed. There is a problem when I try to get on to internet. The messge is the proxy is not connected and a black screen is up. I cant get on.

Thank s for your replies.

Lori E

Student
niko1980
Message 28 of 57 (1,426 Views)

i updated to 8.1, and now i cannot get connected to itunes. Iphone comes up on windows but cannot get recognised on itunes. i have updated all my phones, 4,4s. Uninstalled itunes then reinstalled. Reset everything, but still nothing. Im about to trow this laptop on the road!!! I have a hp pavilion 12g notebook. Never had this problem before!

Student
NanaNurse
Message 29 of 57 (1,377 Views)

You said you reverted to Windows 8 and everything worked again for you. How did you do that?  I am having major issues with blinking screens and I think it is from updating to Windows 8.1. Doing a Hard Reset did nothing so I want to just go back to Windows 8!! Please let me know how to do that.

Thanks!

Honor Student
jhemeny
Message 30 of 57 (1,352 Views)

YaSH069 wrote:

I solved the problem, now its working as it should except for the wireless button (F12) but thats not a major problem for me. I used HP Recovery Manager to re-install all the drivers and softwares and Tada! its working back now :smileyhappy:

YaSH069 wrote:

I solved the problem, now its working as it should except for the wireless button (F12) but thats not a major problem for me. I used HP Recovery Manager to re-install all the drivers and softwares and Tada! its working back now :smileyhappy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation