Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I managed to get my ENVY 15 running on Windows 10, everything is working very well, except the CoolSense technology (it does not react when picking up the laptop - on v2.0, 2.2 cannot be downloaded for me), BeatsAudio sftware (EQ change has no impact on sound whatsoever, cannot change the ouput device via the console-software version 6.10.6491.0) And Windows 10 is not showing low battery warning since the reinstall - everything was fine on Win8.1 - I already calibrated the battery as suggested by HP manual.

Thank you for your time, HP Experts.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

try coolsense download from the following weblink:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp65001-65500/sp65424.exe

To change low, reserve, and critical power levels

1. Open Control Panel, and  Power Options.

2. On the Select a power plan page, next to the plan you want to change, click Change plan settings.

3. On the Change settings for the plan page, click Change advanced power settings.

4. On the Advanced settings tab, expand Battery, expand Low battery level, Reserve battery level, and Critical battery level. Change the percentage of battery remaining that you want for each level, and then click OK.

For the Beats issue, please share the details of the sound card or the  model number of the system. please follow these steps:
1. In the Run box type devmgmt.msc.
2. Unknown devices would be listed as such and marked out with a yellow question mark.
3. Select the unknown device or other device for which you need drivers and right click to access Properties.
4. In the Properties window click on Details tab and select Device Instance Id  or Hardware ID from the drop down.
5. An alphanumeric string like this PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_7130&SUBSYS_012F1025&REV_01\4&6B16D5B&0&33F0 is the identification marker for the device.
6. Please provide this number so that we can suggest the appropriate driver.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

try coolsense download from the following weblink:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp65001-65500/sp65424.exe

To change low, reserve, and critical power levels

1. Open Control Panel, and  Power Options.

2. On the Select a power plan page, next to the plan you want to change, click Change plan settings.

3. On the Change settings for the plan page, click Change advanced power settings.

4. On the Advanced settings tab, expand Battery, expand Low battery level, Reserve battery level, and Critical battery level. Change the percentage of battery remaining that you want for each level, and then click OK.

For the Beats issue, please share the details of the sound card or the  model number of the system. please follow these steps:
1. In the Run box type devmgmt.msc.
2. Unknown devices would be listed as such and marked out with a yellow question mark.
3. Select the unknown device or other device for which you need drivers and right click to access Properties.
4. In the Properties window click on Details tab and select Device Instance Id  or Hardware ID from the drop down.
5. An alphanumeric string like this PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_7130&SUBSYS_012F1025&REV_01\4&6B16D5B&0&33F0 is the identification marker for the device.
6. Please provide this number so that we can suggest the appropriate driver.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

Thank you for your help,

I already changed the low, reserve a nd critical levels. I further changed them as you suggested and will test whether it works as intended.

ID of the soundcard HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76E0&SUBSYS_103C1967&REV_1003\4&e7ba838&0&0001 I installed the recommended driver from the Support website for Windows 10.

EDIT: The provided CoolSense driver works well, thank you!

HP Recommended

The following link might help you to install the audio driver in right way:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-PC-Sound-and-Audio/IDT-HD-Audio-Driver-6504-Windows-10-64bit-F...

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

HP Recommended
This may not be the best option for me as the driver you are suggesting is user tweaked fo the ProBook series, which has different speaker setup and little bit different audio console software. I believe there should be more elegant fix by now.

Thank you for your assistance, you fixed at least one of my issues.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.