07-06-2013 11:17 AM
THIS WAS MY PREVIOUS POST FROM WHICH I POSTED UNDER COMPUTER SCREEN AND VIDEO:
Hello. I am having problem after problem after problem with this fairly new HP Envy M6 i bought from best buy. This one, however, i have not been able to resolve by myself. When i boot up the computer, it says "Preparing Automatic Repair". the mouse then appears on a black lit screen with the loading circle, then after asecond the circle disappears and the mouse remains. NOTHING. Computer will not boot in System recovery. When i press F11 the system responds and the HP symbol appears with the words "Please Wait" and after about 3 seconds disappears and then again is my mouse. I followed all the steps listed here http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&
1) Hard Rest has ABSOLUTELY NO EFFECT
2) Does not work though i know it is not a display issue since the computer displays just fine.
3)BIOS mode works, i follwed the steps with NO results.
4) Memory Modules are seated fine, again, not the issue though since i am getting a display. Just prior to this happening my computer was sitting fine, i was browsing as usual with it. I had abnormal operation at first, my web browser started to load pages extremely slow and then i lost internet connectivity altogether, and then my pc just stopped responding and froze. I pushed the power button, and then the PC restarted just as so. NO LUCK WHATSOEVER. I have no idea what could be wrong. The screen works fine, the memory works fine, GUI seems to be working since it displays some images from above. I have NO idea what could be wrong other than an operating system error. PLEASE HELP ME."
THIS IS AN UPDATE. I REMOVED AND REINSTALLED THE CMOS BATTERY AND NOW MY COMPUTER IS FINALLY GIVING ME SOME ERROR INDICATIONS.
-THE SCREEN THAT COMES UP IS THE WINDOWS BLUE RECOVERY SCREEN-
"YOUR PC NEEDS TO BE REPAIRED"
-ERROR CODE: 0xc000000f
-ERROR CODE: 0xc0000185
"YOU'LL NEED TO USE THE RECOVERY TOOLS ON YOUR INSTALLATION MEDIA. IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY INSTALLATIONMEDIA (LIKE A DISC OR USB DEVICE), CONTACT YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR OR PC MANUFACTURER.
[PRESS ENTER TO TRY AGAIN]
[PRESSF8 FOR STARTUP SETTINGS]
[PRESS ESC FOR EUFI FIRMWARE SETTINGS]
07-06-2013 09:39 PM
It sounds like the hard drive is dying. Are you still within the 1 yr warranty? If so phone HP and they will send a new one out.
You might also read through:
|**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**|
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)