10-27-2012 01:31 PM
In looking at an upgrade to Windows 8, i found that my laptop, which is only 13 months old, is not compatible with secure boot. i have found that EUFI / secure boot is part of Windows 8 architecture. Is this a fireware upgrade that I can get from HP since it is not part of the OS from microsoft?
10-27-2012 02:12 PM - edited 10-27-2012 02:14 PM
Maybe you should include the following in your post:
Which laptop do you have? (Model and/or product number)
Did you buy your laptop before October 1st 2011?
Check this site to know if HP is currently working on Windows 8 drivers for your laptop
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)