Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi:

This is the driver you need for the PCI Simple Comms Controller:

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=4096169&sp...

HP Recommended
Thank you Paul. All looks good now 🙂

BTW .. are you a HP employee?
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

No, I don't work for HP.

I enjoy volunteering my time to help others solve their PC issues within the scope of my knowledge.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

I've got similar problem with the following devices. Would you be so kind to help me please?

Base system device:

Device PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&SUBSYS_1521103C&REV_14\4&1270e8d4&0&33F0

Base system device:

Device PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843&SUBSYS_1521103C&REV_14\4&1270e8d4&0&32F0

HP un2420 Mobile Broadband Module

Device USB\VID_03F0&PID_241D\6&23dbbd5&0&2

Thanks in advance!

Tibor

HP Recommended

Hi:

For the Base System Device, you need this driver...

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=4096169&sp...

There is no W8/8.1 drivers for the WWAN card.

You can try the W7 drivers but I don't think they will work.  Also try manually installing them if the auto install doesn't work.

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=4096169&sp...

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thanks indeed!

Regards,

Tibor

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Hey.

The reason why I chosen to upgrade to Windows 8.1 64-bit from Windows 7 Pro 64-bit is because my sound suddenly stopped working. It started from when I connected my notebook to the TV with a 3.5mm audio cable and a VGA-cable. Then I chose the headphones as standard unit for the sound and it worked great with the TV. Later when I disconnected the cables from the computer has the sound stopped working on my notebook (I changed back to the primary speaker unit but without success).

And now on Windows 8.1 I cant seem to get my sound working. I assume I will have to reinstall my entire computer because of I've tried to many drivers by now.

I assume that Windows 8.1 installs the drivers automatically but I dont know if those are the correct ones. Which drivers do I need to install on Windows 8.1? Do I need some different drivers for example the graphic card, sound and network? The notebook is primary for some gaming, HD-streaming and surfing on the web.

I also found this on the web.

HP EliteBook 8540p Notebook IDT HD Audio Driver 6.10.6300.0-5.10.6300.0.

Fixes:
- Resolves a hard drive integrity issue for the HP ProBook 4520s and 4720s Notebook PCs that is caused by speaker vibrations. This package eliminates the vibrations by changing the speaker equalizer (EQ) levels.

Source:

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/SOUND-CARD/IDT/HP-EliteBook-8540p-Notebook-IDT-HD-Audio-Driver-6106...

That fix reminds me of the sound I had before, I had those vibrations when I had on a higher volume.

Is that something for me you think?

At last, I will provide you with the hardware ID's if those are needed when I get back home.

Thanks in advance and have a good day.

HP Recommended

Hi!

I just installed Windows 8.1 on my HP Elitebook 8540p. Are there any specific drivers for Windows 8.1? I have problems with my sound, I cant get it to work.

It seems that Windows 8.1 installs all of the drivers automatically, but I wonder are those correct? Which drivers do you suggest for me to install? The notebook will primary be used for some gaming, HD move streaming and surfing on the web.

I posted a post before but it somehow got deleted of something so this is a smaller one.

If hardware ID's are required I will post those as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance and a have a good day.

HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, I don't know why the audio doesn't work.

That is very odd that when you changed the audio back to onboard speakers it didn't work.

Maybe try installing the W7 audio driver from the 8540p support page and see if that gets the sound to work.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.