Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi!

I installed the Windows 8.1 from scrath and now everything works beside the sound is kind of vibrating and sounds really bad when I turn the volume up a bit.

I have tried with a driver that I found on Driverspedia but that isnt compatible with Windows 8.1.

Could you post me a driver that is compatible with my OS and that fixes this vibrating and lousy noise from my speakers when I have a higher volume?

The hardware ID's from the sounds are:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7603&SUBSYS_103C1521&REV_1002

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7603&SUBSYS_103C1521

Thanks in advance!

HP Recommended

Hi:

Glad you got the sound to work.

Other than trying the W7 driver from your PC's support page, I won't be able to help you.

There are no HP W8.1 IDT audio drivers that I could find that have the hardware ID you posted in their setup information files.

HP Recommended

Hi again!

I now reinstalled my entire computer to Windows 7 Professional 64-bits like I had it before I installed Windows 8.1. The installation went good. The problem now is, when I dont install any Audio drivers I can play and hear sound from my laptop. But as soon I install the Audio driver (from this website) it suddenly stops working. I can see that the driver is correctly installed and its working correctly it says but it doesnt. Where am I doing wrong, could it be the NVIDIA audio drivers are old? I tried to update all of them both via the Devicemanager and via HP Softpaq but nothing works? Or can it be that the Chipset drivers are old? Are there drivers that are up to date for my computer and OS?

(The hardware ID's from my Audio card are those I posted on my previous post.)

I would appreciate some help here, this is driving me crazy. 😞

Thanks in advance!

-Dave

HP Recommended

Hi, Dave:

Unfortunately, I don't have any idea what the problem could be but my recommendation is that if the generic windows 7 IDT audio driver works then I would not install the driver from HP.

The nvidia graphics driver...that one works the HDMI audio correct?  That should have no bearing on the onboard audio.

The only drivers that might be newer than the ones on the support page would be the chipset and wireless drivers.

This chipset driver would have been the final release for your notebook's chipset...

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=20019

HP Recommended

Hi,

I will look into that driver you posted. One thing that I should have discovered earlier is, if I insert my earplugs/headsets I can hear the sound perfectly. This could be a setting or could it be BIOS that needs a update? I red some posts on this thread.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-HP-ProBook-ZBook/Headphone-and-speaker-jacks-not-working-on-HP...

Now I think that there isnt something wrong on the driver, just a setting somewhere? What do you think?

Sincerely, Dave

HP Recommended

Hi, Dave:

Unfortunately, I couldn't say.

You can read all of the BIOS release notes for your model and see if any address fixing audio issues.

I don't recommend updating the BIOS unless you see an absolute need to.  Too much risk in a bad BIOS flash wrecking your PC completely.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul!

I discovered the audio issue on my notebook. Its the headphone jack sensor that is a bit glitchy. I found a easy solution on the yahoo answers where I inserted a toothpick and then the sound suddenly came back. So its hardware related. But before I discovered this I did a BIOS update. Please note, I had the updated BIOS version already but I installed the BIOS update anyhow incase something went wrong there. My question now is, did this BIOS update harm my computer somehow? Its still working as normal. I'm just a bit worried because you wrote that it could do serious damage to my computer.

And as for the headphone jack, will it help if I insert a 3.5mm audio cable in and out several times to "unglitch" the sensor or do you recommend to clean it with maybe a earpick or something?

-Dave

HP Recommended

Hi, Dave:

Glad you found the root cause of the problem.

I am not a PC repair tech by trade or training, so I cannot advise you what to do about finagling with the headphone jack.

As for the BIOS update, it was successful, or your notebook would be dead as a doornail if it wasn't.

HP Recommended

Hi!

Alright so that means that my unnecessary BIOS update didnt cause any problems, huge thanks for your support and your time. I am now a part of this forum and I will keep sharing my problems and my successes aswell.

Thanks once again!

-Dave

HP Recommended

Anytime, Dave.

Glad to have been of assistance where I could.

That is correct.  The BIOS update installed without incident, and almost certainly did not/will not cause any issues.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.