12-01-2010 02:34 PM
I bouhgt notebook HP EliteBook 8740w
I have several problems...
(i5 520M, 4Gb, 320 HDD, ATI 7820M)
OS - Preinstalled Windows 7 Prof. 64 bits
All windows updates and latest drivers for chipset, video and so on were installed.
1. Notebook doesn't wake after sleep mode, i.e. all coolers start working realy loudly and LEDs burn bright, but screen leaves black(5, 10 and more minutes but no progress)
I supposed to problem with BIOS, I have BIOS ver F.03 from 28.04.2010 but actual version is F.09
I went to HP support site and downloaded latest one.
But I can't update BIOS !!!
if I use HPQFlash.exe programm, it say: "after restarting OS, BIOS will be updated", but after restarting OS BIOS has old version
if I use options - USB system drive, after formating and copying files(I checked files on flush), but when I try to choose load OS from flush drive(after restarting ESC, F9), I see error - this disk is not system drive chose another, or something like that
I tested at least tree different flush drives, and always had same result.
I even downloaded bios version f.08, but the same situation too.
So, I try to summarize problems
1. Notebook doesn't wake up after sleep mode
2. It is not able to update BIOS
3. What wrong with loading PC from USB drive....
Is any body could help me... pleeeeeeze
This question was solved. View Solution.
12-01-2010 02:51 PM
I got the same problem.... whats going on? Can't get the device to come out of sleep mode and when i hit the power button which is pulsating the laptop powers off immediately.
12-03-2010 05:46 PM
For resolving problem with standby mode, need update Intel Full Management Engine
I've downloaded firmware from here http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/S
wake up after sleeping is working now !!!!
about boot from USB drive, I've tested USB hdd - it worked correctly...
but boot from flush steel impossible...
and BIOS doesn't want to by updated either...
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)