Question

Student
iowanews1
Message 1 of 2 (297 Views)

Envy dv7 laptop trying to install Canon PIXMA MP280 driver update won't recognize printer

This all started with a Windows Update that said it had an update for my Canon PIXMA MP280 driver and when it got all the way to near completion and failed, I decided to try and just download the driver from the Canon support site.

It gets all the way through and then the installer fails to recognize the printer (which Win8 is seeing but not installing the printer driver).  

Since the updated driver's in the c:\program files\Canon BJ\mp280 folder, I try a manual update.

When that happens I get an error that says:  "The printer driver is not compatible with a policy enabled on your computer that blocks NT 4.0 drivers

To make matters worse (and remember, the printer IS being recognized and I have printed from it (two test prints prior to all of this), when I run "troubleshoot" for the printer, it tells me that it's an "older 2.0 device that might not be compatible with 3.0"

Ok, that throws about every obstacle that I can possibly face in my path.  Any ideas anyone? 

Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 2 of 2 (290 Views)

Re: Envy dv7 laptop trying to install Canon PIXMA MP280 driver update won't recognize printer

[ Edited ]

When requesting assistance, please provide the complete model name and/or product number of the HP computer in question. HP/Compaq makes thousands of models of computers that are all different. Without this information it may be difficult or impossible to assist you in resolving your issue.

The above requested information can be found on the bottom of your computer or inside the battery compartment.

There are two different drivers listed for the Pixma MP280 AIO printer. Which one are you using???

Try connecting the printer to a USB 2.0 port on your computer.

Please click the white KUDOS star to show your appreciation

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation