Question

Honor Student
jchriscarey
Message 1 of 5 (1,801 Views)

Envy x2 - DO NOT INSTALL WINDOWS 8.1 FROM THE WINDOWS STORE

Do NOT install Windows 8.1!!

There is not an updated graphics driver for the Atom Z2760.  If you update to Windows 8.1 from the Windows Store, you will have problems with the display not waking from sleep, or crashing and recovering.  HP does NOT have a solution other than resetting the Envy to its factory state, which rolls you back to Windows 8.0  and erases all data, apps, programs etc on the machine.

I cannot find ANYTHING on HP Support that warns you not to upgrade to Windows 8.1, and I have not gotten any warning message from HP.   Restoring your machine to where it was before the upgrade requires installing 74 windows upgrades, retsoring your files, and re-installing any apps or programs that you had.

HP SHOULD warn people not to upgrade!

Grad Student
SR_T
Message 2 of 5 (1,714 Views)

Re: Envy x2 - DO NOT INSTALL WINDOWS 8.1 FROM THE WINDOWS STORE

Hi jchriscarey,

Can you provide me the product number/ model name of the unit that you are using?

I am an HP employee.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
Intern
clever_trevor
Message 3 of 5 (1,692 Views)

Hi - too late for me :-(

I did the update & x2 is now a mess - wont resume from sleep & only way is the hold power switch to force restart.

There was no warning on the 8.1 update site but am dissapointed a driver is not available - after all, 8.1 has been expected so drivers should be available. 

If driver is not forthcoming, I will be resetting it & then sell on eBay & buy the Surface 2

Cheers,

Intern
clever_trevor
Message 4 of 5 (1,689 Views)

mine is HP Envy X2 11-g000ea
but am sure all Envy x2's are same.
Intern
clever_trevor
Message 5 of 5 (1,658 Views)

I now see HP have posted an 8.1 Driver site -

However, can anyone confirm the Intel Media Graphic Accelorator version they now have, min is 14/8/2013 9.14.3.1168 & did not update with the 'posted Maageability Pack'

While my camera, audio & touch pad appear working - the resume from standby is still a major problem?

Cheers,

cT

-

2013-10-11 , Version6.2.9200.PR15, 32.89M

The Intel/Realtek Chipset, Graphics, Camera and Audio driver pack provides drivers to support the hardware installed on systems with Intel processors. This package contains the following drivers: - ...
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation