Error code #0xe0f00013, while using factory image restore (6009 Views)
Honor Student
pawann
Message 1 of 6 (6,009 Views)
Accepted Solution

Error code #0xe0f00013, while using factory image restore

Hi Everyone,

I have had this notebook for about 8 months. The model is HP PAVILION DV6T-4000 NOTEBOOK,

I am a software developer so I needed to install Linux on this machine in dual boot mode.

I created the recovery disks before installing linux.

Once I installed linux, windows 7 stopped working, and started to ask for windows 7 disk. Using recovery disks, Couldnt find an option to restore the old windows 7 installation ( Those options were disabled). Other options of formatting HD and restore to out-of-factory state were available. At the end, I had to select factory image restore.

When I boot the recovery dvd and do a system restore it loads all 5 disks  and at the 6th disk when it gets to 83% and is "Copying files required to restore hard drive" it throws below error:

"Recovery Manager could not restore your computer using the factory image.  Please contact HP support.  Error code: 0xe0f00013"

I tried to restore it 3-4 times, every time the result was the same.

I  ran HD self test,  which doesnt show any problem with my HD. The recovery disks I created are fresh and have no scratches. I am not sure whats causing this problem.

This all situation raises below questions:

1) What is this hex code "0xe0f00013" for?

2) Once we buy a "personal" NOTEBOOK, Shouldnt we be free to install any operating as per our need?

3) Why HP does not provide with a Windows disk, and why should we depend on recovery disks, or recovery partition; such unreliable mechanisms?

Earlier I had a Dell laptop which provided me with all the recovery and windows disks.

I have ordered for recovery disks from HP. Lets see if HP provided recovery disks can help.

If anyone has anyother work around, please help.

Thanks.

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 6 (5,960 Views)

Re: Error code #0xe0f00013, while using factory image restore

Hi,

There may be a work around if you have ( or can borrow ) a retail Windows 7 installation disc that is exactly the same version as your OEM installation - ie if your notebook came with Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit this is the exact retail version you would need.

If you don't have access to a retail disc, you can create an installation disc yourself - just download the correct Disc Image from the link below and use an application such as ImgBurn to burn the ISO correctly to a blank DVD.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/download-windows-7-iso-official-32-bit-and-64-bit-direct-download-link...

Use the disc to perform the installation, enter the Windows activation key found on the underside of your notebook when requested and when the installation has completed, use the 'Phone Method' detailed in the link below to activate the OS - this method supported by Microsoft and is popular with people who just want a clean installation of Windows 7 without the additional software load normally bundled with OEM installations.

http://www.kodyaz.com/articles/how-to-activate-windows-7-by-phone.aspx

Any additional drivers you may need can be found starting Here.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
pawann
Message 3 of 6 (5,946 Views)

Thanks, David it worked.

Provost
DavidPK
Message 4 of 6 (5,924 Views)

Hi,

You're welcome :smileyhappy:

All the best,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
killerbunnies
Message 5 of 6 (4,201 Views)

I just used this info and it worked perfectly. Had same problem as Topic creator. Thanks so much for such helpful info.
Student
Benc67
Message 6 of 6 (3,803 Views)

Hi DavidPK,

I have exactly the same problem as pawann on my notebook HP mini 210 but I have Windows Starter. I wanted to download the ISO file but this version is not available thru the link.

Does a solution exist? Can someone answer?

I have seen that some  people have the same trouble at 83%. What is the origin of this?

Regards,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation