Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a HP 2000 Notebook PC with the product number QE279UA#ABA

Purchased and started using it at the end of December of 2011.

-Since then I immediately had problems with the WiFi Adapter (HP tried to resolve issue by sending a new network card, but the problem hasn't arrised again so I never installed it)

-There has been 3 instances where the laptop shut down by itself for unknown reasons (it didn't feel hot enough for an overheat, and with it being new, I don't see that being a reason already), tonight being one of them, so when I saw somewhere online to read the event viewer, I see that since like December 22nd 2011, I've had 279 errors, 596 warnings. I can't understand any of them of course except the 3 criticals of where my laptop has shutdown unproperly. I have a feeling those numbers aren't good considering only being less than 2 months old, but I don't know exactly what  to ask on what to do. I wish I could have someone look at it instead of trying to describe problems through emails and forums, but I'm not trying to spend hundreds of dollars to take it to the Geek Squad either. How should I proceed??

Thanks for any info.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Warnings are normal, and can be ignored.

Errors can happen, I have 42 in the last 7 days, but my system runs fine. Windows handles errors pretty well and they usually are not a problem, but will log them anyway. It takes a trained eye to sort through these and understand if there is a serious problem or not.

Critical's can be a problem but it sounds like they are for the unexpected shutdown, so no useful information can be gleaned from those.

If you go to Control Panel (icon view) and click Action Center, this is where things that get out of hand get reported to you, if it is clear of any messages, then you can disregard the event viewer.

You do have a problem with unexpected shutdowns, these are very hard to sort out by the normal user and needs professional diagnosis.

You are under warranty with HP? if you are, you can contact HP about the issue, be sure to have your personal files backed up before you follow any directions from HP to resolve the shutdown problem.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Warnings are normal, and can be ignored.

Errors can happen, I have 42 in the last 7 days, but my system runs fine. Windows handles errors pretty well and they usually are not a problem, but will log them anyway. It takes a trained eye to sort through these and understand if there is a serious problem or not.

Critical's can be a problem but it sounds like they are for the unexpected shutdown, so no useful information can be gleaned from those.

If you go to Control Panel (icon view) and click Action Center, this is where things that get out of hand get reported to you, if it is clear of any messages, then you can disregard the event viewer.

You do have a problem with unexpected shutdowns, these are very hard to sort out by the normal user and needs professional diagnosis.

You are under warranty with HP? if you are, you can contact HP about the issue, be sure to have your personal files backed up before you follow any directions from HP to resolve the shutdown problem.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.