Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a HP Pavilion g series - Windows 7 - 64 bit

The F4 function key does not work in (2010 excel 64 bit).

Any suggestions?

ch1616

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

It may be worth changing the setting for the fn key in the bios as shown in the link below to see if this has an effect on the f4 key in Excel.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02035108

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

It may be worth changing the setting for the fn key in the bios as shown in the link below to see if this has an effect on the f4 key in Excel.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02035108

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

F4 key not allowing the $'s to be added in creating absolute and mixed references.  DP-K answer seems to involve whether or not a user has changed the bios to allow or disallow the need for fn key.

Any other suggestions?  It seems to be an HP issue in some laptops.

HP Recommended

So, how do I get my F4 to work in excel?  Please...anyone?  Thank you.  Otherwise this tutorial is worthless...

HP Recommended
Can you be more specific in your issue, MsRTA?
Please post your Product number (please don’t post your serial number).

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

To make this work use "fn" + F4 keys to insert the $x$y factor

HP Recommended

Thanks.  Got it figured out.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.