03-15-2009 06:16 PM
HP 310n desktop, windows XP, SP3, IE7
I recently performed a low level format and complete re-install of xp with service pack 2, and then installed service pack 3 because of a browser hijacker virus I couldn't eliminate. Windows can't perform updates... I'm getting the "can't display page" error with internet explorer (IE7). I'm getting this error with other support sites also. I've downloaded malwarebytes,superantispyware, windows defender on another computer I have that is working fine and loaded and ran all that on this computer. No virus was found. When I use the windows diagnostic tool for network connections I get the following:
warn FTP (Passive): Error 12002 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The operation timed out
info HTTP: Successfully connected to www.microsoft.com.
info HTTPS: Successfully connected to www.microsoft.com.
warn FTP (Active): Error 12002 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The operation timed out
error Could not make an FTP connection.
my other hp computer passes the FTP tests. Does anyone know how I can fix these errors? I think this may be the problem I'm having with loading certain websites. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)