Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

I have problem to check HP Updates using HP Support Assistant for last two months. It always fail downloading updates.

Latest analysis was at 9 Oct 2011. 

How to fix this problem? When I check latest version of HP Support Assistant, it says it is the latest version.

My computer is HP Pavilion dv7-6107tx Entertainment Notebook PC.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Uninstall HP Support Assistant in Control Panel, Programs and Features. Right click HP Support Assistant and select Uninstall. Restart the notebook.

Next, download and install the latest version from here:

http://h18021.www1.hp.com/helpandsupport/HPSA.html

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34
HP Recommended

Uninstall HP Support Assistant in Control Panel, Programs and Features. Right click HP Support Assistant and select Uninstall. Restart the notebook.

Next, download and install the latest version from here:

http://h18021.www1.hp.com/helpandsupport/HPSA.html

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

I have downloaded the latest version of HP Support Assistant but it seems like the same error happen. It still fail to update my driver. I keep trying it for many times and have been restarting my devices for many time also. Just for your infromation. I used HP Probook 4420s. Hope you can help me.

HP Recommended

I keep getting error 1316 and error 1603 when trying to install an updated HP Service Assistant.  I have no HP support assistant that shows up in control panel.  I do not know how to resolve this issue.  I first became aware of this when HP health check notified me that a newer version was available but when I followed the instructions I only keep getting the two errors above.  I have already followed the solution posted in the forum and it still did not work.  Please help me resolve this issue.  Thank you.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem with my HP notebook.  I followed your solution but it did not install the HP Support Assistant unless it is now under a different name.  Any suggestions?

Now what do I do?

HP Recommended

I also got the same issue and I have the latest version (6.1.12.1). Before it worked but not anymore. I tried to reinstallation but no luck. It's still failing dowloading updates, gathering info and my system analyzing.

Untitled.jpg

Does anyone got the same problem like this screenshot showing above?

HP Recommended

I have the same problem too, i have installed it 3 times...I am running Win & 64......

Any help HP?

HP Recommended

The solution by Cheryl G. (above) worked for me.  I made sure to uninstall any previous references to HP assistant before doing her solution.  That might work.  Good Luck.

HP Recommended
No I have not had that problem.
HP Recommended

Seems to have worked! I'll know after I run the program. Works Great! Thanks HP!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.