Question

Honor Student
ipavlovi1
Message 1 of 3 (3,520 Views)

Fingerprint problems with HP Probook 6545b with Windows 7 Pro 32bit

I have a problem with my Notebook,

I install windows 7 pro org that came with the notebook.

The notebook wont show the Biometric divices in control panel but in device manager the driver and the fingerprint reader are there...

Tried every thing that i could find on the net

it works when instaling hp protect tools but they slow down my notebook when booting up

dose any one have the same problem and did some one finde a solution to this problem

i need an answer quickly

excuse my english

Tutor
jeffmaggie
Message 2 of 3 (3,500 Views)

Re: Fingerprint problems with HP Probook 6545b with Windows 7 Pro 32bit

I had the same problem and had to use Digital Persona.  It works fine without any issues.  I reformatted with Win7, installed digital persona but it didn't work right away.  Seems to me that I had to also install the Authentic software 2nd.  Don't know why but it worked.  There's a really good link with great instructions on this site at:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Operating-systems-and-software/Windows-7-Upgrade-Guide-for-dv6000-dv900...

Follow the instructions for the fingerprint reader and it should work for you.

Regards,

Jeff

Honor Student
ipavlovi1
Message 3 of 3 (3,495 Views)

Re: Fingerprint problems with HP Probook 6545b with Windows 7 Pro 32bit

Hi tanks for the advice

but my finger print on my Notebook is Validity - Fingerprint reader  so autotech drivers wont work, windows 7 were instald on the notebook allredy didint have to upgrade, where can a download digital presona from a HP page,do you have a link maybe?

i tried to remove drivers to install difrent, to install vista drivers, to run compatibility mode for vista on digital persona, tride to relase static charge to reset bios security and so on and on what ever i fount on the net!

but everting faild

only works on hp protect tools that slows down my notebook to a whole 2 min. log on withc drives me insein

Validity - Fingerprint reader  (VFS451)

cant work with upek and autotech

when instal digital persona reader can be recognized

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation