Question

Honor Student
MikeCabe
Message 1 of 14 (12,584 Views)

Fingerprint reader driver software

I had to replace my hardrive and now I want the fingerprint read to work again.  I tried to download the software for the Pavilion dv7 4165dx from here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-86668-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...   but the file I get either won't install properly because it says that it is a corrupted file, or because it says I have the wrong processor type to run it.  I am running 32-bt Windows 7.

Associate Dean
Vidya
Message 2 of 14 (12,562 Views)

Re: Fingerprint reader driver software

Please try installing it from the following weblink:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp51501-52000/sp51798.exe

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
Honor Student
MikeCabe
Message 3 of 14 (12,559 Views)

When I donwload and run this, it says that the file has been corrupted and can't be executed and that I need to obtain a new copy once I get passed agreeing to the licensing.  What is really odd is that despite this file supposedly being 22 Meg, it takes only a second to dowload.  Based on my conection speed, it should probably take 10 minutes or so.  I have deleted all copies of this from my download folder and even from the recycle bin, so I don't know where else it would be coming from except your site.  I have repeated this process a few times.  (By the way, I think I may have posted a link to the wrong place in my first post.)

Associate Dean
Vidya
Message 4 of 14 (12,557 Views)

I have just downloaded it successfully and launch the installation from the same link. Try using any other browser...

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
Honor Student
MikeCabe
Message 5 of 14 (12,549 Views)

Error.png

Well, I switched from Google Crome to IE and was able redownload the file (it took several minutes this time), but I still get the error message above after I agree to the terms of the software provider.  Oh well...maybe it wasn't meant to be!  :-(

Honor Student
Majikwiz
Message 6 of 14 (10,056 Views)

I get the same error. any new links posted?

majikwiz

Honor Student
Stebar
Message 7 of 14 (7,915 Views)

Download of the file went ok, but as stated before, the *extracted* file is corrupt !

So the compressed file was already corrupt.

Honor Student
Stebar
Message 8 of 14 (7,911 Views)

Can You please check the file on the ftp since, when installing, we get corruption error.

Student
Purplegurlj
Message 9 of 14 (7,602 Views)
Honor Student
Mogenstad
Message 10 of 14 (4,588 Views)

MikeCabe wrote:

I had to replace my hardrive and now I want the fingerprint read to work again.  I tried to download the software for the Pavilion dv7 4165dx from here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-86668-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...   but the file I get either won't install properly because it says that it is a corrupted file, or because it says I have the wrong processor type to run it.  I am running 32-bt Windows 7.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation