Question

Tutor
hdacko
Message 1 of 6 (2,940 Views)

Fingerprint sensor software for DM4-1160US

[ Edited ]

I had to do a clean install of Window 7 64 bit and reinstalled the Validity Driver from the HP site for this laptop.

I initailly install SimplePass software/driver and the sensor light flashed but it did not work on setup. I then installed DigitalPersona software and got it to work but the sensor light does not light. DigitalPersona now states it is no longer in the PC business so no support. So which software and driver will work on this macjine? I looks like it was built in 08/2010.

Also, using the latest version of Firefox 11.0 and/or Exploerer 9.0

Firefox does not support the DigitalPersona extension.

Thanks!

Associate Professor
frrw
Message 2 of 6 (2,924 Views)

Re: Fingerprint sensor software for DM4-1160US

Hello hdacko:

What are you saying? The finger swipe thing not working no support for it. I just received an-email about the finger swipe from HP news letter. I can load up HP news letter how ever here is the web-site and it looks like the software download for it as well just received it today. Just click on this link. Might have the answer or the drivers you are looking for.http://www.store.authentec.com/promotion/KeepSafeLP199.aspx HP simple pass.

Tutor
hdacko
Message 3 of 6 (2,893 Views)

Re: Fingerprint sensor software for DM4-1160US _WHICH software? DigitalPersona or SimplePass

I guess my question is which fingerprint software is the right one for a DM4-1160US laptop with a new motherboard replaced 5/2011 by HP. Is it DigitalPersona or SimplePass? The driver is Validity Sensors VFS301 which I downloaded fro HP support (which is thae one for this Laptop,

Intern
Schranzistor
Message 4 of 6 (2,891 Views)

Re: Fingerprint sensor software for DM4-1160US _WHICH software? DigitalPersona or SimplePass

Hi,

Iam from Germany. The Software DigitalPersona was by the older Notebooks from HP. At time is it the HP Simplepass Software.

The newest Simplepass Software supported Firefox 11.

Here is the link for the latest Driver: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48501-49000/sp48509.exe and the Simplepass Software: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp56001-56500/sp56487.exe

You can use as alternative the Simplepass Software from Authentec: http://support.authentec.com/Downloads/DownloadManager.aspx?EntryId=25

Best Regards

Student
asermido
Message 5 of 6 (1,601 Views)

i reinstall the window and the finger print app. was erased so please help me to send me the source of the finger print app . beacuse it dont work , iam waiting for your feedback 

thank you

Professor
npw05001
Message 6 of 6 (1,596 Views)

Hello asermido,

I see that you are having a problem with the fingerprint reader on your HP computer. I would like to help with your issue but I need some more information.

Can you provide the model and product number of the computer? Here is a link showing how to find that information.

What version of Windows are you using?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation