10-29-2012 02:35 PM
Windows 8 install on Folio 13-1000
1) Softbutton or area of touch pad that disables the touch pad is inoperable.
2) led for muted sound no longer indicates sound status
3) unidentified hardware in device mgr ACPI\VEN_INT&DEV_33A0
I've found no reference on the HP support site.
10-29-2012 02:55 PM
Please post your full product Number
Please Do Not post your s/n
10-29-2012 03:17 PM
Looks like HP is working on that model, they have the W8 selection for drivers but only one available so far, bookmark this page and check back every few days to see if more get posted
11-02-2012 03:29 AM - edited 11-02-2012 03:31 AM
Had the same issues (1 & 2):
Hot zone for disabling clickpad:
Either install the Win 7 Synaptics drivers off of HP or get them directly from Synaptics (1st worked on my Win 8 RP, didn't try from Syn', 2nd worked on Win 8 Pro, never tried from HP).
I think what did the trick for me was getting the HD Audio driver from HP's Win 7 site.. I think I also get much higher volumes
Btw, Folio 1020us..
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)