Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Not Really.

It´s a company laptop, and the main objective is just enable virtual machine support on BIOS.

Thanks,

Alex 

HP Recommended

Hi,

There are situations where password can not be reset due to some reason. however i can help check if this is possible in your case or not.

I will PM you few details, please help share the same over Private massage to proceed help you further.

regards,

WW 

Regards,
WW
“I am an HP Employee“
***** Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem***
HP Recommended

Same problem here. I am an IT here at our company and I am not aware of setting up any BIOS admin password. I can use domain user's password in the bios, but it does not work too.

The user is also not aware of setting any BIOS setup password.

Hard drive was formated and windows reinstalled on this laptop(not using the recovery partition, it did not work)

What should I do?

HP Recommended
Hi,
Refer to my previous post. You need to log formal case with HP support center and they will give you a tool which collects few information from BIOS. Based on this information HP generates sparekey or SMC key and give you. With this SMC and specific key combination you can rest the password.
Fyi - you need to authorize HP to reset password and provide ID and ownership information.
Hope it helps
Regards,
WW
“I am an HP Employee“
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem***
HP Recommended

Sorry for missing your previous post.

So should I contact local HP support services or find some special service somewhere on HP website?

What if local service center can't help?

HP Recommended

I am in the same boat as well. I have not set the BIOS Administrator password and the laptop asks for that pretty much for any BIOS option including changing boot order. Could you please help me? Thanks.

HP Recommended

try contact numbers available on the HP support webpage. or email them. that should work for you.

http://www8.hp.com/br/pt/contact-hp/phone-assist.html

Regards,
WW
“I am an HP Employee“
HP Recommended
Contate a HP através do email: hpcanais@hp.com
Regards,
WW
“I am an HP Employee“
HP Recommended

I need some number in Slovakia or Czech Republic. Those are Brasil m8...

HP Recommended

here is the link for Czech Republic.

http://www8.hp.com/cz/cs/home.html

Dotazy týkající se produktu: Telefon Provozní doba a další informace - Business notebooky
+420 261 307 310 Po-Pá / 08:00-17:00

Vyjmenované produkty

Online podpora: www.hp.com/go/bsc

hope this info is useful to you. thanks 

Regards,
WW
“I am an HP Employee“
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.