Question

Honor Student
Kaushik74
Message 1 of 12 (22,168 Views)

Formatting and installing xp on my hp mini 110

Hi all,

I want to format and install my hp mini 110 as it is badly affected by virus. Since this mini comes with a preinstalled version of windows xp (the cd key is given in the back), i'm totally at a loss about how/where to get a win xp software that can be installed (with my cd key) in my notebook.

thanks in advance.

Kaushik

Distinguished Professor
Rakhmad
Message 2 of 12 (22,145 Views)

Re: Formatting and installing xp on my hp mini 110

Have you burned recovery disks? Use it would save a lot of problem.

______

Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
Master's Graduate
edbergjun
Message 3 of 12 (22,129 Views)

download xp that is the same with your version on torrents and use your cd keys,

Provost
CherylG
Message 4 of 12 (22,121 Views)

[ Edited ]

Do you have HP Recovery Manager in the Start menu?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00859585&tmp_task=solveCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc...

Please post full model number and /or PN for more help Locating Model Number

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Honor Student
Kaushik74
Message 5 of 12 (22,025 Views)

Unfortunately i had not burnt the recovery disk.

The detalis about my hp mini is:

product: HP Mini 110

s/n: CNU9368MG3

p/n: VM 130UA#ABA

model #: 110-1129NR

My question is : when i try to install win xp from a usb cd drive, the hdd is not detected by the os cd. Shall i have to incorporate the SATA driver in the xp cd? If yes, what is the corresponding driver?

Thanks in advance.

Kaushik

Master's Graduate
muka3D
Message 6 of 12 (22,000 Views)

Hey Kaushik,

It is possible to order recovery media from HP, either by calling HP support or by visiting this page:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=228&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=40415...

It is indeed strange the drive is not detected. Does it show up in BIOS setup (press F10 when first powering on the system)?

___
I am an HP employee.
• Say thanks by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' button on the left
• Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your issue
Honor Student
Kaushik74
Message 7 of 12 (21,986 Views)

Nothing is shown in the BIOS setup. In the system configuration menu of the BIOS only 4 items are there. Language, Processor C4 state, HP Instant Web & Boot option.

Master's Graduate
muka3D
Message 8 of 12 (21,973 Views)

My apologies Kaushik, I intended to direct you to the BIOS boot selection menu, which can be accessed by hitting F9 right after turning power on. If "Notebook Hard Drive" (or something to that effect, wording may be different) is not listed in that menu, then it is possible that the hard drive is either having issues (maybe the virus has somehow taken its toll) or somehow got disconnected. If it is not listed there, you should contact the HP support line to acquire a replacement hard drive, or to step you through reconnecting it.

___
I am an HP employee.
• Say thanks by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' button on the left
• Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your issue
Honor Student
SaadFarooq
Message 9 of 12 (20,838 Views)

We cant choose ACHI or SATA/ATA mode. My problem is that when I run windows XP setup,

when is starting windiws process, I face blue screen problem. It states" .....  If yhis is first time. . . ignore it ...If sccond time... Check for HDD errors...,viruses.

Have anyone exprerienced to install xp after totally formatting HDD by external case.

Please solve my problem.

Thanks in advance.

Honor Student
SaadFarooq
Message 10 of 12 (20,837 Views)

We cant choose ACHI or SATA/ATA mode. My problem is that when I run windows XP setup,

when is starting windiws process, I face blue screen problem. It states" .....  If yhis is first time. . . ignore it ...If sccond time... Check for HDD errors...,viruses.

Have anyone exprerienced to install xp after totally formatting HDD by external case.

Please solve my problem.

Thanks in advance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation