12-04-2013 08:13 AM
I bought a new HP laptop today - HP2000 2d49TU
I have DOS on it.
I want to know what is procedure for installing windows XP on it or does it even support 64 bit OS.
I can't really figure out how to install Xp because in boot menu when I choose Boot from Optical Drive, I get an error: x0000007b
Please tell me what to do and how can I install Xp on my laptop.
Also tell me if I can use a free Ubuntu OS.
12-04-2013 09:44 AM
You are getting the error because XP doesn't have the sata ahci drivers needed in order to see the hard drive.
Please read this guide at the link below--Intel section. Then read the downloadable PDF document for how to slipstream all of the XP achi drivers.
Below is the link to the drivers you need to slipstream. Choose the first or second file for 64 or 32 bit.
The Intel Series 7 ahci driver your notebook needs is also included here.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)