Question
Full Factory Reset HP Mini 210
Replies (18)

Student
Anguiano
Message 11 of 19 (10,996 Views)

Re: Full Factory Reset HP Mini 210

I am unaware how to fix my mini hp.  i have the Windows Boot Manager on my screen asking to insert the CD when the mini hp does not have an internal drive.  Please explain to me what i need to do to resolve this problem  anyone!!!!!!

Student
lifeguard94
Message 12 of 19 (10,895 Views)

When I did the processs recommended it took me to the point where I hit the F11 key but then it just takes me to the desktop completing its reboot. 

TML Student
Student
TML
Message 13 of 19 (10,619 Views)

I had to reset the bios on boot sequence and save then press F6.

Pressing F6 was what I was told to do by a service tech 3 days after I received mine. One of the microsoft update caused the software and hardware to quit working.

You might hve to tap on the F6 key as it starts.

Student
koolron007
Message 14 of 19 (10,463 Views)

how do i reset my  hp mini 210 to factory spec

Student
jesssetopalis
Message 15 of 19 (9,861 Views)

fuul factory reset

chtjfi wrote:

Hi.

I bought an HP Mini 210 yesterday.  I turned it on and walked through the first-time setup and now the machine runs fine.  No problems at all, except for the fact that I chose German as the language.  Bad choice.  I only took one year of Geman in college. 

So, I thought I could maybe just change the language in Control Panel.  But, alas, the Windows 7 (Starter) on this machine doesn't allow adding a second language. 

So, I am wondering, can I just click somewhere and send the WHOLE laptop (hard drives and all) back to the state it was in I first took it out of the box?  A sort of full factory reset?  And then walk through the first time setup again, choosing English as the language?

Hoping,

John

chtjfi wrote:

Hi.

I bought an HP Mini 210 yesterday.  I turned it on and walked through the first-time setup and now the machine runs fine.  No problems at all, except for the fact that I chose German as the language.  Bad choice.  I only took one year of Geman in college. 

So, I thought I could maybe just change the language in Control Panel.  But, alas, the Windows 7 (Starter) on this machine doesn't allow adding a second language. 

So, I am wondering, can I just click somewhere and send the WHOLE laptop (hard drives and all) back to the state it was in I first took it out of the box?  A sort of full factory reset?  And then walk through the first time setup again, choosing English as the language?

Hoping,

John

Student
johncarloscurbe
Message 16 of 19 (9,669 Views)

chtjfi wrote:

Hi.

Hoping,

John

chtjfi wrote:

Hi.

Hoping,

John

chtjfi wrote:

Hi.

Hoping,

John

chtjfi wrote:

Hi.

Hoping,

John

chtjfi wrote:

Hi.

Hoping,

John

chtjfi wrote:

Hi.

Hoping,

John

chtjfi wrote:

Hi.

Hoping,

John

Honor Student
Bino08
Message 17 of 19 (8,164 Views)

I don't know what's wrong with my computer.....
When I turn it on it starts loading normally.
Then, it says enter current password.... I enter the password. Then it brings me to a black and white screen that asks me if I want to start
Safe Mode
Safe Mode With Networking
Safe Word with Command Prompt
Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent setting that worked)
Or
Start windows normally

The first three options just leave strings of long numbers and codes..... And do nothing.
The last two just bring me back to the "enter password" screen and repeat the process.. Nothing I have tried has helped! I don't really want to have to tear apart the computer and put it back together. Because I'm not good at that kind of stuff.. If there is a reset button or anything I can do to make my computer work again, please let me know! The model is Windows XP Home Edition ULCPC
Thanks!
Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 18 of 19 (7,895 Views)

Hello Bino08.  I understand you're unable to boot into Windows.  

It sounds like your install of Windows is damaged.  If this were Windows 7 I would suggest a repair installation.  However, I think in your case a recovery is the best bet.  You will lose any data which you did not back up on the hard drive but this will take the notebook back to factory settings and resolve your issue.  Take a look at this document for instructions.  

Let me know if this helps.  I hope you have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

Student
Samanthasue
Message 19 of 19 (2,124 Views)

Am trying to reset my hp mini 210 to factory settings by using the esc and f11 button, but does not work, just turns my computer back on. Any suggestions?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation