Question

Tutor
Admir91
Message 1 of 3 (2,868 Views)

Full System Restore

I haven't done this in a while and I was wondering where the application to restore my HP laptop back to factory settings is? And is there a limit on how many times you can do a full recovery?
Grad Student
KazooTom
Message 2 of 3 (2,851 Views)

Re: Full System Restore

You didn't mention which computer model or OS you have it could make a difference. Realize too, that if you do a complete restore you will loose all data files that may be on your hard drive. Do a complete back up of any important files before you begin. On most of these machines there is a restore partition created on your hard drive. I do not believe there is any limit on the number of times you can restore your machine.

I believe that on most machines you can tap the f11 key as the machine is booting to bring you to the system restore partition and then choose to do a complete system restore to bring you back to factory settings. Any programs you added will not be restored using this method.

You can also use "restore disks" that you can purchase through HP if you did not receive a set when you purchased your computer.

dv7t-1000CTO Vista Home Premium (32 bit)
dv6-1350us Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit)
Provost
CherylG
Message 3 of 3 (2,257 Views)

Re: Full System Restore

HP Recovery Manager  used to reinstall OS, burn a Recovery set, reinstall individual drivers,etc.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation