Question

Tutor
orlandojv
Message 1 of 8 (524 Views)
Accepted Solution

G62-219WM

I have just gotten a G62-219WM laptop a little over a year ago  and am on my way to college when it stops working. The computer is running windows 7 Home Premium with a computer product number WQ760UA#ABA. I am able to start the computer and get into set up set boot sequence to either the cd rom drive or the internal hard drive after saving changes and restarting computer it goes to a black screen with a cursor blinking in the top left screen. I have set the boot options to both Internal hard drive first and to cd-rom drive first. The reason i set it to cd rom drive was to try and update the BIOS which i dowloaded from HP. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. No changes were made to the computer that i am aware of.

Master's Graduate
viki9324
Message 2 of 8 (511 Views)

Re: G62-219WM

HI..

first of all you need to make sure that the HDD in this NB is workin Fine

here is the link

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00439024&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...

This help you to run the test on the hDD

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
Tutor
orlandojv
Message 3 of 8 (508 Views)

After scanning all devices hard drive, memory and numerous other diagnostic test inside the computers untilities they all have past successfuly. Although i did have a problem with the battery i was ablet to remove it from the equation and continue on. I am trying to get to the recovery partition as to take the com[puter back to the original operating sysytem. I am now going to go ahead with a clean install and try to get back to the recovery.

Master's Graduate
viki9324
Message 4 of 8 (486 Views)

Hi Orlando

Good to hear That

lets check this lInk

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01895783&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...=

Good Luck

Tutor
orlandojv
Message 5 of 8 (478 Views)

Well after the install i was able to see the partition that holds recovery partition but the folder was empty. Not really sure if that's why i am not able to boot to that partion or not? Going out to buy the orignal OS to do a clean install because a install of Vista does not reconize the network drivers; all in happy to no that the notebook is not a complete wash:manhappy:. Thanks for your help! Viki9324

Master's Graduate
viki9324
Message 6 of 8 (474 Views)

sounds Great.. so wat you gonna do ??? 

Tutor
orlandojv
Message 7 of 8 (467 Views)

I am looking for the recovery disk that came with the computer. After that all should be "GOOD TO GO"  I checked the HP web site for the system's recovery disk as to buy them but i had no luck. Is there anyway to get this disk?

viki9324 wrote:

sounds Great.. so wat you gonna do ??? 

Provost
CherylG
Message 8 of 8 (463 Views)

You can order Recovery Media from your drivers & software page:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=4217...

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation