Question

Honor Student
dividebyz3r0
Message 1 of 2 (370 Views)

G62-407DX Chipset Drivers?

My father purchased this laptop and being unfamiliar to any HP products I foolishly assumed it came with a recovery DVD w/ the OS and drivers on it.  Honestly, I was pretty dumbfounded as to why any computer company would do this as if they assume all owners aren't going to upgrade simple hardware like their HDD.  This laptop for example was store bought only so you're limited as to what it came with and mfg. upgrades are always overpriced.

The new HDD went in without any problems at all and Win 7 Home Premium (x64) was installed just as easy with my DVD (activation was a slight nuisance).  I downloaded all the drivers from the HP site but noticed there were no chipset drivers. When it comes to laptops I'm pretty dumb and even dumber with AMD but there were no chipset drivers.  Everything is working fine for the laptop, except for what I'm hoping is just a bad DIMM of G.Skill ram (only reading 4gb in 4gb x 2 setup), but are there chipset drivers for this?

Do I have to call support?

PhD Student
cnfrisch
Message 2 of 2 (348 Views)

Re: G62-407DX Chipset Drivers?

The chipset drivers are included in the Windows 7 installation DVD and are already installed.  Other drivers can be downloaded from the Windows Update web site...just click on Check for Updates.

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation