Question

Top Student
jerrycee11
Message 1 of 3 (2,441 Views)

GPBaseService2 error

Hello,

OK, Well I fixed the "scan to PDF" issue but I still can't get rid of the "GPBaseService2 error".  I uninstalled and reinstalled the program over a dozen times and am still getting the error.  I contacted MS and they say this is an HP issue and not with MS.

I would really appreciate someone with knowledge on how to fix this issue as everyone is kicking the ball to everyone but themselves and not fixing this issue.  Please help!

Thanks,

Jerry

Distinguished Professor
Charles001
Message 2 of 3 (2,427 Views)

Re: GPBaseService2 error

On another post, they completely uninstalled the printer software and reinstalled again to solve the issue:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Operating-systems-and-software/GPBaseService2-Pop-Up/m-p/187313/highlig...

======================================================================================
* I am an HP employee. *

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
Top Student
jerrycee11
Message 3 of 3 (2,414 Views)

Re: GPBaseService2 error

Hi CharlesHP,

Sorry, but I've done that at least a dozen times already with the same results.  It is still looking for the .msi file to install whatever it is looking for to install.  So, in this instance, uninstalling and re-installing is not an option.  Not going to work.  If uninstalling and re-installing many many times didn't work, it isn't going to work this time.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Jerry

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation