Question
Getting Serial Number Not Found message at boot. When I go into the BIOS, no serial number is shown
Replies (47)

Tutor
BLANCKASPER
Message 31 of 48 (2,589 Views)

Re: Getting Serial Number Not Found message at boot. When I go into the BIOS, no serial number is s

Honor Student
Nelpaw
Message 32 of 48 (2,395 Views)

Re: Getting Serial Number Not Found message at boot. When I go into the BIOS, no serial number is s

My wife has the same issue on her HP G71-339A.  The serial number problem just kicked in this week. She saved all her photos in her USB Card (thanked GOD!) and tried reinstalling the pre installed windows 7. It wont complete the process. I tried it myself and same thing happened.

I checked the InsydeH2O Setup Utility Bios Ver F.11; Bios Vendor Insyde; Serial # (blank); UUID # (all zeros); Product config ID (all zeros); Factory installed OS; non-Vista. 

Student
fosi20042000
Message 33 of 48 (1,858 Views)

My operating systerm is windows 7 professional and the laptop is compaqc presario CQ61

HP Support Agent
MissTeriLynn
Message 34 of 48 (1,833 Views)

Re: Getting Serial Number Not Found message at boot. When I go into the BIOS, no serial number is shown

Hi there,

I understand you are getting an error stating the serial number was not found when booting up your computer. I've done quite a bit of research and have found what a few others did on the second page of this forum.

This appears to be an issue with the mainboard on the computer. The best thing to do is contact HP Tech Support for your area and see what options they can offer at this point.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster :smileyhappy:
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Nelpaw
Message 35 of 48 (1,811 Views)

What we need to have is that CD boot disc with executable file that can access the computer bios and so we can try to re-enter the missing serial number of the computer found at the bottom of the computer notebook chasis. As soon as the serial number is entered and can be recognized by the computer again, maybe it will work....  or we can try to reinstall the preinstalled windows. This CDboot disk with executable file to access BIOS I am told by an old peer is not available to endusers but for HP internal use only so eventhough some of us who used to work in tech dept some years back and can do this easy fix by ourselves and without paying HP for an out of warranty services for their 5 to 10 minutes work, we wont be able to revive the computer. What a shame, I know the old HP notebook computer is still gonna work with a simple fix. If someday this file to access the bios will be leaked. I will download it and will try to fix my wife's HP notebook again. Either I fix it or I junk it. Battery is dead anyway. I bought my wife an Apple IPad2 as a replacement. She is happy. Thats how I solved her computer problem. :smileylol:

Tutor
BLANCKASPER
Message 36 of 48 (1,701 Views)

Student
juninhochris
Message 37 of 48 (1,605 Views)

[ Edited ]

please this is my s/n {Personal Information Removed}        P/N VZ572EA#ABU      pls am looking forward to a quick reply pls,,,,the pc contains so many vitaln informations

Student
rakesh-pc
Message 38 of 48 (1,542 Views)

serial no not found.. show when booting why pls reply and give me solution

HP Support Agent
Mrstenter
Message 39 of 48 (1,492 Views)

Hi Rakesh-pc,

I would be happy to assist if needed. Please let me know what is your model number?

Here is a link that will help you find that out.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00033108&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en

Please let me know.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Mrs.Tenter
I work on behalf of HP
Student
PokyPCGuru
Message 40 of 48 (1,268 Views)

Love the way you treat people that try to help you! i know this post is old... but ignorance and looking down your nose at people on the 'net is forever. Your = possession, You're = You are.

garymingee wrote:

Your an HP employee like I'm the President of the United States.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation