Question

Student
marshbros
Message 1 of 8 (7,536 Views)

Getting rid of jucheck.exe

I just bought this HP G62 laptop running windows 7 and it comes loaded with Java........every 20 minutes or so I get a pop-up from windows control asking permission for jucheck.exe to modify my system.

Does anyone know how can I effectively disable or get rid of this crap?

Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 2 of 8 (7,528 Views)

Re: Getting rid of jucheck.exe

You can let the Java update in and it will stop, or you can go to the control panel > programs and feature. Uninstall any Java stuff you find there.

You will find that eventually you'll need Java, you'll be at a web site where it requires to run something and you'll be forced to install it again. It's not going to hurt anything to uninstall it for now.

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 3 of 8 (7,489 Views)

[ Edited ]

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Master's Graduate
edbergjun
Message 4 of 8 (7,468 Views)

or simply disable the java auto update at the start up by using msconfig, click "start">>then type msconfig and hit enter>>click the "start-up" tab and uncheck the "Java (TM) Platform Auto Updater" and click apply and ok and restart your pc....

say thanks by clicking the star

Master's Graduate
edbergjun
Message 5 of 8 (7,449 Views)

some websites needs java in order to be viewed, example, fecebook, it needs java to upload your pictures easily. some programs also requires java in order to run, ex: limewire, so uninstalling your java might affect your web browsing and some of your programs that needs java.

Provost
CherylG
Message 6 of 8 (7,445 Views)

Go to Control Panel and open Java control center. On the second tab is where you turn off auto-updating.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Student
normonicus
Message 7 of 8 (6,578 Views)

Mine does the same thing.  When I try to delete it it brings up the message do you want jucheck to take over computer.  Its the Trojans defense mechanism to prevent me from deleting it.  I'm frustrated....

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 8 of 8 (6,567 Views)

Hi:

What I would try is to launch the MSCONFIG utility and go to the startup tab. If you see the jucheck listed there and checked, just uncheck it, hit apply, Ok and restart your PC.

If it was there you now disabled that program from running on startup and you shouldn't be bothered by it anymore.

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation