Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a problem with display driver AMD RADEON 7400M SERies

Using: HP Pavilion dv6 6155tx Operating System: Windows 8 64 bit   Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)  - AMD Radeon HD 7400M Series (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v1.20) Can I get a solution for this????

Please Help me....

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended
Reviewing the driver list for the system at the following site, it doesn't look like this unit supports Windows 8.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&docname=c02974941&lc=en&product=516...

It looks like the system uses switchable graphics. See the following thread for a process that may get this working for you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Display-and-Video-e-g-Windows-8/I-upgraded-to-Windows-8-How-do...

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

when i went on www.hp.com/support/driver  then there was a option for selecting the operating system..but the probelem is that there is no option for selecting the windows 8 os and there is only windows 7 32bit/64bit is showing...

and the windows 7 amd graphics driver is not supoorting on windows 8 64 bit os...

I just upgrated my system form windows 7 to windows 8(64bit) and i'am unable to find AMD RADEON HD7400M series graphics driver for Windows8 thats why i'm unable to play games and i looks like the there is no any graphics card is in my nootbook without Driver...

I am Requesting you to Please provide me the appropriate graphics driver for my device.....

Thanking You...

HP Recommended

I understand the scenario is that the system was upgraded to Windows 8, but there are no Windows 8 drivers due to this unit not supporting Windows 8.

My system also does not support Windows 8 and has switchable graphics.  The process I linked to earlier was successful in getting my switchable graphics to work in Windows 8.  I am afraid that is the only process that ever worked for me.  The process has worked for others, though there are some exceptions.

If you would prefer to try something else, you can try the Leschat drivers found below.

http://leshcatlabs.net/

Do note that this is something I personally do not recommend.  The reason is that it requires driver signing to be disabled and this leaves the system vulnerable to malware that may masquerade as a driver.  Be sure to read the manual, found below, in its entirety should you want to try this approach.

http://leshcatlabs.net/manual/

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

i followed the instruction from you... i went to the setup.exe then right click  then it said that try recommended settings/ troubleshoot problem..

After the installation completed there is an error message shown ie. INSTALLATION COMPLETE(warning occured during installation)  and under the log it shows that AMD DISPLAY FINAL STATUS:FAIL..

ANd shows an error message which is "Driver install:the driver package does not specify a hardware identifier..

and when i click on catalys control center it shows " it can't be started.There are currently no setting can be configured.."

sir what is do now please tell me...!

i'm waing for your responce..

thanking you.

HP Recommended

hello sir... i followed instructions given by you.. but its not working and showing some error.. and says AMD DISPLAY DRIVER is not installed..

sir please reply me..

HP Recommended

If those steps didn't work, then I am afraid I am out of options.  the unit doesn't officially support Windows 8.

The last option left is the leshcatlabs driver and I linked to the manual for the driver.  It's not something I recommend due to the risks mentioned earlier, so I don't have any first hand experience with using that driver. 

Signature
HP Recommended

download Graphic Driver For amd 7400m hd series for windows 8 64 bit

HP Recommended

@Shubhs wrote:

I have a problem with display driver AMD RADEON 7400M SERies

Using: HP Pavilion dv6 6155tx Operating System: Windows 8 64 bit   Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)  - AMD Radeon HD 7400M Series (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v1.20) Can I get a solution for this????

Please Help me....

HP Recommended

I have problem with install graphic driver

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.