Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP HDX18 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Anyone tried upgrading the HDX18 to Windows 10? How did itgo? What problems did you experience? Any solutions to suggest?

Thanks!

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

I have tried several times and have failed every time. I have tried using the ISO installer as well as the windows 10 upgrade tool that appears on your start menu bar and failed using both. My computer starts the install and get stuck on 32% while upgrading to Windows 10. I shut down the computer and reboot it to a error code C1 900101–30018. 

HP Recommended
Thanks, Woogied! Let us know if you ever get it to work!
HP Recommended

I have tried googling the area code  C1900101-30018'  there are a few fixes recommended for this problem but none of them have work.  I am running Windows 7 with service pack one installed and my machine meets all the requirements for the upgrade.  To my understanding the Windows upgrade tool is supposed to check your system to make sure it is capable of the upgrade.  it finds no problems.  when I try to install the upgrade it still freezes. even after having tried all the recommended fixes.    The most frustrating part about the whole thing is when it doesn't work it doesn't give me a specific reason why it  didn't work it only gives me an error code for reasons why it MIGHT not have worked.  If anyone has a successful upgrade running Windows 7 service pack one on the HP HDX 18 inch laptop please post your story. 

HP Recommended

Same for me. I tried the update while disabling wi-fi after win10 has finished downloading like some have said. No success. Deactivated the video card driver also.

I noticed in my researches that a lot of people that get stuck at 32% have a laptop and that it is an Hp. Can't find any Bios upgrade like some have suggested and done on other laptops.

Hope to find an answer soon because Microsoft is aware of the problem!

http://news.softpedia.com/news/microsoft-confirms-windows-10-error-causing-the-upgrade-to-hang-at-32...

HP Recommended

I tried a third time. This time i tried the Iso on DVD method with no updates download. Disabled wi-fi/lan, drivers: video card, mouse, all audio drivers(3), Bluetooth, Validity Sensor and the firewall. Had positive hopes but still got stuck at 32%...

HP Recommended

not sure if anyone is still needing to know but I updated my HDX18 to windows 10 without issues

HP Recommended

Interesting, how long ago did you  attempt  the install ? What method of installation did you use? And were you running Windows 7?  Did you disable any software/hardware before installing? 

HP Recommended

Great news! I'm interested in how you did it. Any special steps? Starting from Windows 7 (64/32? Home/Pro/Ultimate?)?

thanks!

Bob

HP Recommended

Wow good for you! I hope you will give us some hints!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.