Question

Honor Student
schnapster31
Message 1 of 3 (3,686 Views)

HELP!!! Trying to use The Sims 3 on my laptop, HP Pavilion dv6000

I have a HP Pavilion dv6000 (PJ123PA#ABA), with a Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2060 @ 1.60 GHz and RAM of 1.00 GB. It has a 32-bit Operating System. I am really a novice when it comes to computers and computer parts. I tried to give my sister The Sims 3 for the holidays and now I am having trouble running it, as it stops working completely after playing it for a few minutes. Everything on the laptop is the same as it was when it came from the factory. I really want to get this game working, but don't have much more money to spend. What do i need to make this game work, or am I just out of luck?

The Sims 3 game system requirements:

PC: Windows Vista SP1 (which I have)

CPU: 2.4 GHz P4 processor

RAM: 1.5 GB

Hard Drive: 6.1 GB with additional 1 GB (I have this amount)

Video: DirectX 9.0c compatible (I have the latest version of DirectX)

Any help, as to whether I need to buy additional components (if I even can) or if this game simply will not work on this model laptop, is sorely needed.

Thank you so much, anyone who can help me out.

Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 2 of 3 (3,673 Views)

Re: HELP!!! Trying to use The Sims 3 on my laptop, HP Pavilion dv6000

Hello

From the specs. that you have, your machine just isn't up to it. Even if you added more RAM Your processor just isn't up to the task. The game requires a minimum speed of 2.4 GHz while your machine is rated at 1.60 GHz

There isn't any way to upgrade to a faster processor as it is a part of the mother board and you just can't change things like that.

You could try and upgrade the ram to 2.00 GB, but because the processor is too slow the game would be choppy and unresponsive.

I took a quick look at the U.S. HP site and the least expensive laptop that would work is around 800.00 $. If you go with a desk top it would run around 400.00 to 500.00 $ That price for the desk top is just for the tower, that does not include the monitor etc. There are allot of good deals on eBay.

Sorry to be the barer of bad news. Don't take my word for it though, you can go into any computer repair store with your specs. and they will probably tell the same things.

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 3 of 3 (3,573 Views)

Re: HELP!!! Trying to use The Sims 3 on my laptop, HP Pavilion dv6000

[ Edited ]

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation