Question

Student
fredamus
Message 1 of 10 (9,682 Views)

HELP!!....Vista Recovery Crash...Error 0x4001100200001005

[ Edited ]

I decided to clean up my HP Notebook DV6830us running on Windows Vista by restoring factory settings. I load my recovery discs and after running through both discs I get a message that "recovery failed"  I tried several more times only to get same message so I call HP and request new discs.

I run the new discs and upon insertion of disc 2 I get this long error code 0x4001100200001005. I call HP tech support and after several attempts and several Hard Disc self tests (all of which passed) they send me new discs. The error is still there after inserting disc 2.

They tell me that my computer is out of warranty and I can only send it in for repair which will cost around $400. I don't understand what is wrong. My computer is not quite 2 years old. Can anyone PLEASE give me some other options to try?

Honor Student
ckneptune1229
Message 2 of 10 (9,616 Views)

Re: HELP!!....Vista Recovery Crash...Error 0x4001100200001005

[ Edited ]

I have almost the exact same problem.  My Pavillion DV9000 will not even load the DVD-Rom to boot anything.  It was working PERFECT before I used the restore DVD's....

Top Student
lccmorris
Message 3 of 10 (9,394 Views)

Re: HELP!!...Vista Recovery Crash..Error 0x4001100200001005

I have a notebook 6700 (6830us) of which the extended warranty replaced the hard drive and then I had to order the Recovery CD set and started "the process"-- IT TAKES PATIENCE !!

I did run into this error after receiving the first recovery cd set and called tech support  once this error came up three different times after asking for CD#2 at 80percent thru the process ---

after "staying calm but firm" with tech support I DID RECEIVE A SECOND REPLACEMENT SET OF THE RECOVERY CD'S  and -- one of the things I read while searching the HP error messages issues and trying to find anything to help me thru this "mess" was a help file with a statement 

BE SURE THE WIRELESS BUTTON IN THE FRONT OF THE MACHINE is set to on (with the blue light) even though the system I had connected was not wireless and via ethernet  (wasn't close to the network connections and setup) but for some reason once the process requested to "insert cd#2" when at 80percent -- the second recovery set took FOREVER it seemed to get passed that "hurdle" but it did complete the restore.

The other requirements  that I also found to be most important was the following:

** BE SURE AC POWER CONNECTED AT ALL TIMES TO THE MACHINE

** During the whole recovery process the system WILL RESTART/continue software

re installation/AND restart again--many many times.  So many I really lost count in my detailed notes!!

**DO NOT CLOSE THE LID OF THE MACHINE WHILE performing this WHOLLLEEE PROCESS.  You will receive additional stop errors and I ended up doing the full image partition, recovery process THREE FULL TIMES before it completed successfully.    DO NOT INTERRUPT as long as you see on the taskbar at the bottom of the screen the

following: "FBI GUI MANAGER" this is the HP software installation process/program that took approx four to six hours to totally complete.

Another link with info that might help is the help issues I searched and found info pertaining to --

"OBTAINING A REPLACEMENT RECOVERY KIT" as well as "RECEIVING A SUPPLEMENTAL RECOVERY DISK"

Hope my notes here helps (even a little bit) because for me this FULL RECOVERY has taken me every hour and minute without leaving my machine (and just watching n watching n watching) for the past FOUR DAYS!!

But it's working ---- that's how I send you this reply!!

Good Luck!

Master's Graduate
EverWin
Message 4 of 10 (9,388 Views)

hey guys,

whenever you face such problems thr is always one great solution for all this...

Get Windows Vista OEM copy & Install it Fresh

First look under laptop which copy of version of vista was pre-loaded

Vista Home Basic or Vista Home Premium.

Grab Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 or Windows Vista Home Basic OEM SP2 copy from shop or download it. (Dont buy new copy, just a DVD so you can install it)

Install it, use Your Product key to activate your Copy (You may have to use Phone Automated method)

loggon to www.hp.com >> support & drivers >> put your model number & download all the drivers & application necessary

Regards,

EverWin

~"If my solution has helped you in any way, please click on the white start to give Kudos."~

~"Please click on the Accept as solution button if your problem has been resolved."~
Student
kevinl
Message 5 of 10 (9,261 Views)

So where does one download for free Vista Home Premium? I went to cnet to no avail. Thanks

Student
geeksquad
Message 6 of 10 (9,186 Views)

today i try to restore my Hp DV6700 and i got the same error 0x4001100200001005 first it happened in when i inserted the

first  Cd at 28% of the precess then i chat w/an hp tec supp and told me the cds were corrupt or scrach and i need

to purchase a restore cd kit for about $14.00  i uninstalled a program then try it againg this time it did when tru the whole process of the 1 cd, then it asked for the 2nd recovery cd righ at 78% i got the same error @#$%% can some1 tell me whats is wrong as far as im concern seems like i am not the only one having this issue, i bought my niece a fujitsu laptop 7 years

ago and when ever i need to clean up or restore to the factory settings ive never run tru a problem like this in my hp

im going to wait and see if i get some kind of help if not , i ll sell it in a yard sale :smileysad:

Student
Danihani
Message 7 of 10 (5,404 Views)

hi mate...

u can solve this problem urself dont need to send ur system to HP RUN ur recovery disk by External DVD drive ...i m sure its work fine...

Honor Student
HFischer80
Message 8 of 10 (2,521 Views)

I get this error. At internet it is a wll known error. What to do

Honor Student
HFischer80
Message 9 of 10 (2,515 Views)

I've tried. Several times. From hard disc and dvd. I get everytime this error.
Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 10 of 10 (2,504 Views)

HELP!!....Vista Recovery Crash...Error 0x4001100200001005

@HFischer80,

What is the exact model of your notebook?
NOTE: Do not provide the serial number?

Have you tested the hard drive to verify there is no issue with it? If not, access BIOS and the storage or diagnostics menu will have a Hard Drive test (sometimes called DPS test). Run it and let me know the results.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation