Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pavilion 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

after update to windows 10 3D DriveGuard is not working , it shows up everywhere you look for it, but it is not functioning , having lived with it working for last 9 months i know it is not working now , am novice , and confussed thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @belucky,

I have heard that performing the updates has resolved some issues with the HP 3D DriveGuard Software.

Try this download it has been revised and even though it is for Windows 8.1 it might work fine with Windows 10. It updates the HP Mobile Data Protection Sensor.

The only other solution is to return the Notebook to previous OS.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi @belucky,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion 15 Notebook and issues with the 3D DriveGuard not working correctly. Try looking in the Device Manager  under System devices and right click on HP Mobile Data Protection Sensor and update the Software and drivers. Then restart the Notebook.

You could  try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix any updates that have not come through for Windows 10.  Please restart the Notebook twice to make sure all update have been completed!

Please let me know how this goes.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

hi thanks for reply , the problem is now with the accelerometer.exe. this is in conflict with microsoft product witch in turn stops drive guard working , i found this out ystday but i dont know when  or if a patch or fix will follow maybe you can find out thank you for answering wish it was the soloution , love n hug from england thank you

HP Recommended

Hey @belucky,

Here is a link from Microsoft on the same issue you describe.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

hi again through surport asst and live connection we tried for 1 hour yesterday but even then could not sort it , but hp now know the problem so do microsoft , hp say they hope there will be a fix shortly i am to keep checking back through supp assit . my problem started when i upgrade to win 10 was working fine on 8.1 , keep a couple of people busy ystday trying to sort it , i really enjoyed the interaction and learnt along the way ,Fantastic . thanks again hope your day is good

HP Recommended

hiya just  to let you know still no fix for driveguard also had to rollback intel management client driver starting to see more problems very confusing hope things improve this week hope also you are still looking at the problem thank you

HP Recommended

Hey @belucky,

I have heard that performing the updates has resolved some issues with the HP 3D DriveGuard Software.

Try this download it has been revised and even though it is for Windows 8.1 it might work fine with Windows 10. It updates the HP Mobile Data Protection Sensor.

The only other solution is to return the Notebook to previous OS.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

thank you for not giving up , it now appears to be working after following your last link , i have green ticks on icons , fantastic , thank you again for your effort ,well done belucky

HP Recommended

hiya am sad to be back  , we are only half way i think , Acc.exe. is working but not the DriveGuard , i have seen elsewhere on forum that problem lies with files in a folder named ( install files) and the setup can not find them , they say to move files from Install Files folder up one so they are in same folder as setup below is the path , this is for new DriveGuard i still have older at the moment,,......C:\SWSetup\sp71811..........thanks for all so far belucky

HP Recommended

Just upgraded an HP Envy Ultrabook 4-1030us from Windows 7 to Windows 10.  I was able to fix the HP 3D DriveGuard "device not recognized" issue as follows:

- Search for and download the HP service pack "sp64144.exe"

- Uninstall HP 3D DriveGuard from the "Programs and Features" area of Control Panel

- Remove the associated driver via Device Manager ("cpi\\ven_hpq&dev_0004" under Other Devices)

- Reboot

- Make sure you can see the "cpi\\ven_hpq&dev_0004" device show back up in Device Manager. If it's not there, then "Scan for Hardware Changes" in Device Manager. It should show up under Other devices.

- Install sp64144.exe

- Reboot

Windows 10 should now recognize the accelerometer and you should be able to run and see settings from the control panel DriveGuard application

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.