Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Dear Sparkles1:

It worked!! Thank you so much for your help.

Austinlo

HP Recommended

Not sure that I should post on this thread, although I am having the same issues described after 8.. upgrade.

I have a 14ZT000, to compoud the issue.  Searching hp dirvers etc this model is not recognized... I bought this LT 2 mos ago from Costco.

I have performed all the steps provided in this thread to no avail!  I now have the HP driveguard uninstalled.

Error message when trying to get it to run was:

Accerlrometerst.exe will not start...  Error 0xc000007b

And Sys32\logilda.dll  could not find module (might be misspelled.

Went to Hp, got that dll and still no run...

Direction?  New thread or???

Jimbo

HP Recommended

Hello HPJimbo

I would encourage you to post your product number for your computer. I am linking an HP Support document below that will show you how to find your product number. As well, if you could indicate which operating system you are using. And whether your operating system is 32-bit or 64-bit as with this and the product number we can provide you with accurate information.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Which Windows operating system am I running?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows/which-operating-system

Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02033168

I would like to thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply....

So here's the info:

Product:  07z33av

Procuct id: 00179-60834-25229-aaoem

Op sys:  64bit 8.1

Jimbo

HP Recommended

Hello HPJimbo

Thank you for replying with the requested information. What you need to do is simple, just follow the instructions below.

Step 1. Uninstall HP 3D DriveGuard from your computer

Step 2. Restart your computer

Step 3. Download and install the new software for HP 3D DriveGuard found here

I just happens that the version you have installed is either not registered correctly anymore or is not compatible with Windows 8.1. The version I linked above supports does support Windows 8.1 64-bit.

I hope this resolves your issue with HP 3D DriveGuard. Thank you for bringing your issue to the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

Although I have been through these steps before I did them again.

The following was the posted message:

Error 1722

Action Center tile register with Mobility Center tile 64 loc\ms12......

Did find that this Ltop is listed.  I had the mod # wrong...

It is a:

14zf000cto

Hpjim

HP Recommended

Hello HPJimbo

Are you by chance running an anti-virus program on your computer? If so try disabling it than retrying the installation.

Please let me know how this turns out. Thank again for posting on the HP Forums. Good luck!

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Disabled.

Same problem.... 

I find it strange that it is asking to remove/repair the program although it is removed...

I selected repair...  same error message....

I selected remove... same error message...   the tile64loc was different...  msi69\msi69\e.t.  The t was all that was shown of the remaining message.

HP Recommended

Hello again HPJimbo,

Yeah, the problem is with your Windows Installer Package so the same package is doing both. The problem, and I have seen this before, is that Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 were designed to not need anti-virus programs and when you upgrade one installed, it can cause this problem. Normally I would just have you reinstall the Windows Installer Package and fix it, but the version that comes with Windows 8.1 (version 5) has not been released for download yet. The only way to get it is to use the Windows Restore point before your upgrade to Windows 8.1 and restore your system back to Windows 8. Then you need to remove the anti-virus and ensure all your updates, both HP and Windows, are done. Then redo the Windows 8.1 upgrade again. You can then reinstall your anti-virus.

This is a long convoluted process and I would recommend we try registering the msi.dll first. To register the msi.dll simply follow the steps below.

Step 1. Open the Command prompt
Step 2. Type regsvr32 msi.dll
Step 3. Hit Enter
Step 4. Try installing the 3D DriveGuard software again

Let me know how this works for you. Thank you for your prompt responses on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
Um, are you sure regsvr32? We dealing with 64? Just wanted to make sure before I leap.

hpjim
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.