Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Thank you Paul! This driver worked like a charm!
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad to have been of assistance.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I'm writing you from Bulgaria. Yesterday y bought a new laptop Compaq CQ58-351SU. In the shop they told me that there will be not problem to install Windows 7 on this machine.

But, after many attempts to found on your site the needed drivers, I'm desperate!!!! I can't not found any driver compatible with Win 7 (32 bit).

I will appreciate if you can help me. I hope so the the Compaq CQ58-351SU can work normally under Win 7!

Regards, Stanislav

HP Recommended

Hi, Stanislav:

It is pretty difficult to find W7 32 bit drivers.  We will have to look across several models.

The PC is designed to run a 64 bit operating system.

Therefore when researching similar models as yours, all you can find are 64 bit drivers.

First thing is to get the Chipset and graphics drivers installed:

Chipset:  Download and install the first file on the list.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/raid_windows.aspx#2

Graphics:  You will have to use the AMD graphics driver as there are no 32 bit HP drivers for the video adapter in your PC.

Run the verification tool and hopefully it will direct you to the lastest driver, or use the beta driver below the verification tool link.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonmob_win7-32.aspx

Try the W7 32 bit audio and other hardware drivers from this model at the link below:

DO NOT USE ANY BIOS or GRAPHICS DRIVERS FROM THIS MODEL

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=5051909&...

For any other devices missing, please click on them and post the hardware ID's and I will try and find 32 bit drivers.

If you don't know where to find the hardware ID, please read the info at the link below.

http://www.devicedriverfinder.com/blog/device-drivers/how-to-check-the-hardware-id-for-a-windows-dev...

Regards,

Paul

HP Recommended

Thank for all useful answers. I have cq58-347sg and I managed to installed all drivers for win7 x64, but I'm unable to install quick launch buttoms. Please for suggestion how can I use them (fn+ buttoms). Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

This seems very usefull however still not working for me.

I need drivers mainly network for this device and its windows 7 drivers i need 

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_1885103C&REV_05
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_1885103C
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&CC_020000
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&CC_0200

Regards

Rune

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thanks alot it worked.

But only with cable connected any advice on how to get the wireless to work?

HP Recommended

I got the wireless updated so it now shows but the problem is. The wireless is turned of and the fn+f12 button doesnt work. Do you know how how to make those work?

HP Recommended

Hi:

I don't know what model wireless network card your model uses, so please do the following steps so I can figure that out and then I will post the links to the drivers you need.

Since there is no wireless driver installed, there should be a device labeled Network Controller in the device manager under an Other Devices category.  The network controller device will have a little ! mark next to it.

So, find the network controller device, click on that and then click on the Details tab.

Now you see a Property drop down list and it is defaulted to Device Description.

Drop down on that list and select the third item (Hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters you see in the window.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.