10-20-2013 08:43 AM
When I tried to upgrade my Elitepad 900 to Windows 8.1 I get a message that the HP ProtectTools Security Manager must be uninstalled before proceeding. I'm then prompted to uninstall the Device Access Manager for HP ProtectTools and Drive Encryption for HP ProtectTools. I never bothered to initiate any of this software when I got my Elitepad 900 and now I'm not sure if it's safe to remove it and proceed with the Windows 8.1 upgrade? Hopefully someone here can help me out with this.
10-21-2013 04:59 PM
I had the same problem with my HP ProBook 4540s. I uninstalled everything it asked me to, and now I can't get the fingerprint reader to work.
Be very careful with this. I wish we had some help from the people at HP.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)