Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

New version posted

HP Client Security Manager VERSION: 8.3.14.2018 REV: A PASS: 1

FIXES:
- Resolves authentication issues for systems running Windows 10.

SOFTPAQ FILE NAME: SP72449.exe

Download:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72001-72500/sp72449.exe

Release notes:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72001-72500/sp72449.html

HP Recommended

Thanks for he heads up.

For me the 8.3.12.1991 version did the trick.

I have an EliteBook 2540p, running Win10x64, with 6GB RAM and Samsung EVO 840 EVO 256GB.

The setup takes about 1 minute to launch even on this machine, so be patient - whoever is wondering "why doesn't it start"? 🙂

After installation and enrollment works for windows login just fine. I had to clear the enrolled fingerprints the Validity sensor remembered from Win8.1 (go to enrollment and click "delete" at the right bottom of the window".

I did not try the authentication before windows boot, though.

Cheers,

Leonid

HP Recommended

Thank you!! Please keep updating this thread with new versions!  8.3.14.2018 has issues with RDP sessions so I need the next version!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-and-Software/Problem-hp-Client-Security-8-3-...

Why does HP make it so hard to find the newest versions of their software!!??

HP Recommended

To vind newer versions of hp software.

The usual route.

Check both the SoftPaq Download Manager (bussiness products) and the support pages for your model. They are maintained independently ... The SoftPaq DM is (usually) more up-to-date, but atm Win10 isn't in it yet. And if you have a 'older' model, half the updates won't come to you anymore.

But even those are usually late. It's a mess and who knows what their policy is.

Anyway, if you want a newer release, it'll be a bit more work. You'll have to search the ftp-server.

And Google doesn't index it completely...

What you can do, is (with an ftp-client) download all the *.html documents from the most-likely 'new' folders.

And use Windows search to look for what you want. (Set Advanced options: In file contents)

For example: Client Security Manager

(btw, now newer version yet)

Check the document and than download the installer that goes with it.

P.S.

It's also worth searching for you pc model.

Some updates mentioning my model don't show up in the SoftPaq DM. (yet?)

Like an nVidia update from august 5th ...

HP Recommended

New version posted - VERSION: 8.3.16.2035 REV: A PASS: 1

SOFTPAQ FILE NAME: SP72998.exe

Download Link: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72998.exe

Release Notes: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72998.html

ENHANCEMENTS:
- Provides support for MiFare contactless cards to be used as authentication
devices.

FIXES:
- Fixes an intermittent issue where the user login fails on a system running
Windows 7 after HP Client Security Manager is upgraded.
- Fixes an issue where removing the Java card authentication device from the
system does not lock the system properly.
- Fixes an intermittent issue which causes fingerprint authentication to
generate a false rejection message.
- Fixes an issue where the One Step Logon feature does not function properly
when multi-factor credentials are not input in the same order as when the
credentials were used to enroll in the feature.

HP Recommended

Hi All!

I try to keep a follow up through a post (bellow) and ask HP why there is no follow up between all versions of there softwares because this problem is not only related to Security Manager, it's also related to drivers and other softwares.

So, if we want to have a chance to get an answer from HP (or a change would be the best), please "like" my post:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-and-Software/Hp-ProtectTools-Security-Manage...

Julien Garrigue
www.juliengarrigue.com
HP Recommended

Here we go again.

The latest update for Widows 10 is  version 1511, 10586.

the update fails because HP Client Security is not compatible.

HP Recommended
For what it's worth... I was able to upgrade a fresh-out-of-the-box 8.1 laptop (CSM not configured) to 10 without the incompatibility problem.... But once I configured a fresh laptop's CSM with fingerprints and Windows login authentication, I received the upgrade incompatibility error.

Perhaps try disabling the CSM Windows login authentication? Or try to delete the fingerprints if that doesn't work. Haven't tested here enough to be sure.
HP Recommended

I think you're probably right, that would work - it's just that I feel the benefits of the logon stuff and don't really want to disable it. For example, if you have a domain policy requiring secure passwords, then being able to log on with a contactless card is brilliant. Even easier than fingerprint logon, and much more reliable. 

(By the way, anyone who hasn't tried this yet, I recommend giving it a go: Choose any Mifare, HID or similar RfID card, such as the one you might use to get into your office, and enrol it as a logon device with HP CSM. Voila, no password any more - logon with your entry badge!)

HP Recommended
Should be able to turn it right back on after the upgrade 🙂
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.