Question

Tutor
tinker-t
Message 1 of 11 (18,890 Views)

HP Connection Manager Service

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook with Windows 7 Home Premium

After reinstalling Connection Manager I started receiving the following message: " HP Connection Manager service not installed.  Application will exit."  There is no Connection Manager service choice available for installation in Recovery Manager program.  Where can I find the program that installs the service?

Intern
Sandeep23
Message 2 of 11 (18,851 Views)

HP Connection Manager Service

Hi,

Uninstall the HP connection manager from the control panel--> Programs and features--> Uninstall program HP Connection manager and download the new version from the link given below.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&softwareitem=ob-88395-1

Thanks,

Tutor
tinker-t
Message 3 of 11 (18,750 Views)

Re: HP Connection Manager Service

Thanks for information.  After uninstalling HP Connection Manager and attempting to install newest version (sp50627.exe) I receive the following message:  "No WWAN device detected.  Exiting installation".  Where do I go from here?

Tutor
tinker-t
Message 4 of 11 (18,614 Views)

See my post of today in a message titled:  'On start up I get the following message box regarding the hp connection Manager cannot load asse..."

In that post it states that HP Connection Manager will not work properly when Turbo Tax (any version) is installed.  Uninstalling Turbo Tax will cause Connection Manager to start working.  If not, reinstalling HP Connection Manager will work, but as soon as Turbo Tax is installed again HP Connection Manager will stop working.

Honor Student
Stephjask
Message 5 of 11 (17,670 Views)

Hi I've had my HP Envy 17 for just 3 days now and I'm really pleased with it.  Only problem so far is this error message coming up (HP Connection Manager Service Not Installed....).  I followed your instructions exactly as given above, and everything seemed to install OK, but then back came the pop-up error message.  I do recall inadvertently opening that particular app. while I was acclimatizing myself to the new machine, but then I closed it rather than see it through as I didn't know what the consequences would be.  This error message seems to have started appearing only since then. 

I even did a system restore to the first restore point in the hope of eradicating the pesky message, but to no avail!

Can you help please?

Tutor
tinker-t
Message 6 of 11 (17,651 Views)

[ Edited ]
Honor Student
Stephjask
Message 7 of 11 (17,638 Views)

Hi, I don't. I decided to fix it the simple way today as I have barely used the installation - I perormed a factory restore. No problem now. Thanks for your time anyhow guys!
Happy new year to you all.
Student
mannilubana
Message 8 of 11 (11,149 Views)

b

Student
umazi
Message 9 of 11 (3,111 Views)

After some time now when i start my laptop  I receivethe following message: " HP Connection Manager service not installed.  Application will exit."  There is no Connection Manager service choice available for installation in Recovery Manager program.  Where can I find the program that installs the service?

Honor Student
rjjohns
Message 10 of 11 (588 Views)

how do i re install hp connection manager

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation