12-10-2012 08:38 AM
Hello, I need to know were I can find the HP Connection Manager for Windows 8.
I have a Elitebook 8470p that came with windows 7 Pro that i upgraded to Windows 8 Pro.
I have already all drivers and aoftware but need the HP Connection Manager to make a 3G connection.
This question was solved. View Solution.
12-13-2012 07:59 AM - edited 12-13-2012 03:01 PM
Try recovering the program.
- Click Windows Start button and in search box type "recovery manager" . Select Recovery Manager from the list when it becomes available.
- Click Software program re-installation and click Next , and then follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall the desired software program which would include HP Connection Manager from the list.
12-18-2012 07:32 AM - edited 12-18-2012 07:37 AM
Try this document. Sorry For some reason I was under the impression you Had Windows 7. Sorry about that. You need to recover "Drivers & Application" Reinstall.
12-18-2012 08:11 AM
But I'm following the document.
Step 4 - ".... and type recovery"
Step 5 - "... Click Recovery Manager"
There's no Recovery Manager option only the two mencioned.
Don't forget that My notebook came with Windows 7. I just upgraded, from Microsoft Offer, to Windows 8.
12-18-2012 01:43 PM
OK, knowing you upgraded to windows 8. Connection manager doesn't come with Win8.
Windows 8 has a built in connection manager in the charms bar you can use. When you installed Win8 you should have got an error message asking to repair the application.
I should have told you that earlier, I was confused with the entire issue and you only had 1 simple question. Sorry !
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)