Question

Honor Student
Harnil
Message 1 of 3 (6,281 Views)

HP Connection manager in windows 8

Hi There ,

My HP laptop is giving problems after upgrading to Windows 8 it gives error 8008005 and also computer memory low . when i saw events log it says problem with HP support assistance software.

please let me know what to do

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 3 (6,268 Views)

Re: HP Connection manager in windows 8

Hi,

HP Connection Manager is not compatible with Windows 8 and should be uninstalled in the usual way from its entry in Programs and Features. 

When done, restart the notebook.

Regarding HP Support Assistant, try the following.

First of all, uninstall your current version of HP Support Assistant by using the Microsoft 'Fixit' on the following link - this is particularly useful in correcting issues that may prevent reinstallation on machines running a 64bit OS.

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

When this has completed, restart the notebook.

Next download and install the latest version of HP Support Assistant from the page on the link below - the download links are towards the bottom of the page.

http://h18021.www1.hp.com/helpandsupport/hp-support-assistant.html

After the installation, restart the notebook again.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
heraclio
Message 3 of 3 (4,461 Views)

Re: HP Connection manager in windows 8

[ Edited ]

hello DavidPK
I found very useful your suggestion but...
-. I unistalled HP Connection manager (before it worked sometimes badly and sometimes good)
-. W8 reported the WWAN module but it's deactivated and there is absolutely no possibility to change the status.

I have W7pro x64 in "C:\" (encrypted) and W8pro x64 in "D:\" when I started to install "sp58915.exe" it asked me to install it on "C:\" and I've no possibility to change the install drive.
what do you suggest?

thx in advance

-.-.- HP 8460P + HP hs2340 HSPA+ Mobile Broadband Module Network Adapter

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation