Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello, I have the exact same problem, I have tried everything that was written and explained. Nothing worked. My Notebook is HP Pavilion dv7 with Product Number: QF387EA#ABD.

HP Recommended

Same problem here - dv6 LM332AV Win7..any solutions yet? :indifferent:

And btw why is the threat marked as "'solved"' if its actually not solved as people posted that suggestions do not help.

HP Recommended

YES SOLUTION!!! 

So this isn't my solution and I will post the original post ASAP but I cant find it atm and the internet here is on and off so its hard to browse for a long time.

STEPS:

1. UNISTALL HP SUPPORT ASSISTANT (you can do this from the programs and features menu)

2. Open HP Recovery Manager

3. Under the heading "I need immediate help" click on the option "Drivers and Applications Reinstall"

4. Scroll down and reinstal HP Support Assistant

Once it reinstalls, coolsense will work again. I dont know what version it is and frankly Im not going to try updating until I'm back in the US and can have warrenty support come over and fix it if something happens. That said, please let me know if you get the update running and how you did. I shall add an edit for the original post so we can all kudos that dude and keep the thread alive for other who have this problem since it seems to be kinda big.

Sincerely,

ZSensei

HP Recommended

Yeeah, its working again. Just followed your instructions and had no problem to get it back to work :generic: Thaanks!

Btw, why dont you have worldwide warranty? I bought my Pavilion in the US, moved back to Germany and I have send it in several times in Germany already :TongueOut:

HP Recommended
what?! I was completely unaware that it worked like that... I'm in Sri Lanka atm so Im not sure if it will work here or even if HP officially sells here but ill look around. Thanks for that!
HP Recommended
as with everyone else! I too have tried everyway and thing . nothing works, this is bull!!!!
HP Recommended

thanx to zsensei ! YES SOLUTION ? WORKED, got my coolsense back 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.