Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The BIOS update that caused this issue can be downloaded from the link below.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-115747-1&cc=uk&dlc=&lc=en&o...

Thanks

HP Recommended

HP Support Please Respond !

I have a laptop which is currently not useable due to an update from the HP website and reading between the lines it seems that all I need to resolve the issue is a single file...

Thanks

HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. Just a reminder that this is a peer-to-peer community of HP customers, and not a venue to contact HP directly. Most of the users here are consumers like yourself who are offering solutions because they like to help others, and any HP employees you see are here on their own capacity and not representing the company.

If you have additional or direct feedback for HP about their products or services, or questions about repair, you can use the link below for contact information.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

If you have other questions and concerns about using the forum, please feel free to send me a private message.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OrnahP
HP Support Forums Moderator

🙂 Clicking the "Kudos Star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!
🙂 When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking "Accept as Solution" to help other members in the future!
Rules of Participation

HP Recommended

Thank you ever so much for you support HP... I now need to send my laptop off for repair due to an update from your website !!

"We have identified your PC as a DSG unit. I.e. Product sold through European retailer DSG international. This means that HP would not provide any technical assistance for your unit. Should there be any software, repair or replacement of any hardware component you will have to contact your place of purchase due to the warranty terms between HP and the Retailer."

HP Recommended

hi, ibizara, i have the same problem as yours

i need to know if you could solve it ... i's been days and i exhasted all solutions and nothing

thanks ...

HP Recommended

i think i've managed to solve my problem at least, the problem may have been the hard drive , 
the power was cut during restory process caused what appeared to be a bios problem

any way

1) i disconnected the hard disk from pc,

2) then started the pc ,  i found that i can access bios options

3) changed boot order to make CD rom as first boot

4) then reattached the hard drive and booted from some tools CD (hierens) , also i can install fresh copy of windows 8 or whatever i want

hope this leads to a solution or any help

HP Recommended

Greetings had the same problem and resolved, delivery instructions

1.Download "unique support for Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI)" on page
for HP laptop model, will be within the Diagnostics section.

Two. Download "phoenix tool v2.14" Internet

Three. Download the updated download all bios versions may not detect any "phoenix tool v2.14" software

4.Formatee fat32 USB stick in (one of 256MB will be fine) and leave it connected

May. Open the "Environment support for Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI)" and follow the instructions when prompted if you choose USB disk or usb. allow the USB memory as name HP_TOOLS

6.descomprima the exe file the updated bios (which you want to place on the laptop), on the desktop or on the C drive.:

7. Run as administrator "phoenix tool v2.14" program and the first option locate the place where the files descompimidos bios, including select XXXXX.bin. the program generated in the same folder 2 files XXXX.bin.DEC bios and RSA.SIG.

. 8 I copy the 2 files to a new folder and change the extension so: XXXX.bin.DEC by # # # # bin and.
RSA.SIG by # # # #. SIG. The renamed files must have the same name and must be only numbers max 5

. 9 copy the 2 files and paste them into the folder E: \ Hewlett-Packard \ BIOS \ Current, E: \ Hewlett-Packard \ BIOS \ New, E: \ Hewlett-Packard \ BIOS \ Pre (where E: is the drive USB)

10. Boot the laptop with the USB memory, delayed a few seconds and then automatically update the bios. if empeiza the renowned upgrade files again pay special attention to the extensions.

In some machines it is necessary to press the win key and then press the B key for segudo power and release all the keys.

If it seems complicated and you send me the XXXX.bin forwarding the XXXX.sig. Exitos

Saludos tenia el mismo problema y lo solucione, envio instrucciones

1.Descargar "Entorno de soporte para la interfaz de firmware extensible unificada (UEFI)" de la pagina
de HP por el modelo del portatil , estara dentro de la seccion Diagnostico.

2. Descargue "phoenix tool v2.14" de internet

3. Descargar la bios actualizada descargue todas las versiones es posible que alguna no la detecte el software "phoenix tool v2.14"

4.Formatee una memoria USB en fat32( una de 256MB estara bien) y dejela conectada

5. Abra el archivo "Entorno de soporte para la interfaz de firmware extensible unificada (UEFI)" siga las instrucciones y cuando pida si disco o usb escoja USB. permita que nombre la memoria USB como HP_TOOLS

6.descomprima el .exe del archivo de la bios actualizada( la que quiere colocar en la laptop), en el escritorio o en la unidad C:

7. ejecute como administrador el programa "phoenix tool v2.14" y en la primera opcion ubique el lugar donde se encuentran los archivos de la bios descompimidos, entre ellos seleccione el XXXXX.bin. el programa generara en la misma carpeta de la bios 2 archivos XXXX.bin.DEC y RSA.SIG.

8. Copio los 2 archivos a una nueva carpeta y cambie la extension asi: XXXX.bin.DEC por ####.bin y
RSA.SIG por ####.SIG . Los archivos renombrados deben tener el mismo nombre y deben ser solo numeros max 5

9. copie los 2 archivos y peguelos en las carpetas E:\Hewlett-Packard\BIOS\Current, E:\Hewlett-Packard\BIOS\New, E:\Hewlett-Packard\BIOS\Previos ( donde E: es la unidad USB)

10. Arranque el portatil con la memoria USB, el demorara unos segundos y luego automaticamente actualizara la bios. si no empeiza la actualizacion renombre nuevamente los archivos ponga especial atencion a las extenciones.

En algunas maquinas es necesario presionar la tecla de win y la tecla B luego presionar el power por un segudo y soltar todas las teclas.

Si te parece complicado envieme el XXXX.bin y le reenvio el XXXX.sig. Exitos

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.