Question

Intern
alatimedia
Message 1 of 9 (3,970 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP DV9925nr & Base System Devices

I tried downdrading from Vista, with no sucess. I revented back to Vista and have installed all the appropriate drives, however I can not find appropriate drivers for (2) Base System Devices (see image). I consider my self very computer savvy, I've installed supplied chipset but still can't get this to work. Any help would be much appreciated.

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 2 of 9 (3,977 Views)

Re: HP DV9925nr & Base System Devices

Install Ricoh 5-in-1 Card Reader here

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Intern
alatimedia
Message 3 of 9 (3,957 Views)

Yes. That worked. Thank You.

I've downgraded many computers to XP and the most troublesome are HP's...

-Alen

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 4 of 9 (3,952 Views)

If You want to downgrade this model You can use this guide. It was tested on this and BSF forum with success by many users.

Be sure also that You are using at least WinXP SP2 version. If you haven't got SP2 version here you can download this service pack and here You've got guide how to slipstream this file with XP written by nLite.

In nLite You can even burn Your new XP CD with those changes.

If You will have any problems let me know about it.

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Intern
alatimedia
Message 5 of 9 (3,941 Views)

I've actually made everything work expect the video card... searching for number of days for proper drive I gave up... I actually don't mind Vista, but the computer will be used at school by my friend and their network or whatever does not work on Vista.

see this: http://archive.salemstate.edu/usersupport/US-resnet_self_certification.php

I might try downgrade some other time, thank you for your help and URL.

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 6 of 9 (3,929 Views)

NVIDIA GeForce 7150M here

This drivers will work for 100%.

Intern
alatimedia
Message 7 of 9 (3,927 Views)

I've tried installing that driver and it failed multiple times... I will follow directions outlined in the link you provided and report back, thank you again...
Intern
alatimedia
Message 8 of 9 (3,925 Views)

Also, I've flashed the BIOS with the new version and now the laptop woun't even turn on... wth... When I press power button the laptop starts booting up for 2 sec, fan starts spinning, then it shuts off, and it keep repeating this over and over...

I was thinking that video driver couln't work because of old BIOS but now this, great!!! :smileyhappy:

Any ideas, I tried resetting CMOS. By taking out the battery.

-Alen

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 9 of 9 (3,876 Views)

This thread was redirected by alatimedia here.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation