Re: HP Deskjet 460 Mobile Printer compatible with New Windows 8 Laptop??? (1721 Views)
Student
WoodSeattle
Message 1 of 4 (1,728 Views)

HP Deskjet 460 Mobile Printer compatible with New Windows 8 Laptop???

Have this great little printer for work when traveling, but suddenly, can not use.

Old laptop crashed, so just bought this new big-screen laptop at Costco, runs basic Windows 8:

HP Pavilion g7z Laptop, AMD Dual-Core A6-4400M 2.6 GHz

Have spent many hours trying to find a driver to be able to use the printer with this laptop.  Do not have the printer CD with me on this work trip.  

Urgent - please advise.

thanks

PhD Student
cnfrisch
Message 2 of 4 (1,721 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet 460 Mobile Printer compatible with New Windows 8 Laptop???

Please see: Install a Windows 8 Driver with Windows Update

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
hewhoeatsall
Message 3 of 4 (1,692 Views)

I too am experiencing this problem. I tried using Windows update for my windows 8 laptop with the device connected, but windows claims there are no updates availble. Device manager does not list the device, neither as a printer nor as an unkown entity.

Regents Professor
lions99
Message 4 of 4 (1,683 Views)

Hello, 

If you're trying to connect the printer with a USB cord, go into the windows printer and faxes folder and add a printer. You will need to add the printer "Deskjet 990c."

Here's what it should look like:

Capture.PNG

This will give you the printing function. 

If you have any more questions let me know.

THX

Also, remember if you find this post helpful or want to say thanks make sure to click the white star under my name to give me Kudos.

I really appreciate it!

Thanks!

I work for HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation