02-15-2013 05:28 PM
Have this great little printer for work when traveling, but suddenly, can not use.
Old laptop crashed, so just bought this new big-screen laptop at Costco, runs basic Windows 8:
HP Pavilion g7z Laptop, AMD Dual-Core A6-4400M 2.6 GHz
Have spent many hours trying to find a driver to be able to use the printer with this laptop. Do not have the printer CD with me on this work trip.
Urgent - please advise.
03-11-2013 05:41 PM
I too am experiencing this problem. I tried using Windows update for my windows 8 laptop with the device connected, but windows claims there are no updates availble. Device manager does not list the device, neither as a printer nor as an unkown entity.
03-12-2013 09:26 AM
If you're trying to connect the printer with a USB cord, go into the windows printer and faxes folder and add a printer. You will need to add the printer "Deskjet 990c."
Here's what it should look like:
This will give you the printing function.
If you have any more questions let me know.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)