Question

Student
Eldudebrother
Message 1 of 3 (2,900 Views)

HP ENVY M6-1178sa will not boot from DVD Windows 8

HELP! :smileyfrustrated:

I recently bought a HP ENVY M6-1178sa which came with W8 pre-installed.  As much as I hate it, I was going to try and get used to it, but now its not an option.

I use some DJ'ing software, which isnt supported by W8 and I have emailed them and it doesnt look like its going to be in the near future, so I need W7.

I have probably spent about 20 hours total searching the internet and forums and I have read countless tutorials and guides and I cant get W7 on it!  What it is currently boiling down too, is that it wont boot my DVD.  I have gone into the UEFI and enabled legacy boot, with my bootable W7 DVD first, and it starts spinning and doing something and then just kicks into the HP screen and loads W8 again! :manmad:

All I want to do is format the HDD and stick W7 on.  If I run the DVD from the desktop it loads up fine, but I dont like this method in case it messes up my machine.

I am really pulling my hair out and considered jsut selling the laptop, but I suppose i could just buy a new 2.5" HDD and stick W7 on that if I needed too, its just that it shouldnt have to be like that, surely.

Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.  I hope its just something I have foolishly missed.

Thanks in advance for any help. :-)

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 2 of 3 (2,841 Views)

Re: HP ENVY M6-1178sa will not boot from DVD Windows 8

Hello Eldudebrother,

Take a look at this article regarding downgrading Windows 8 to Windows 7.  I believe it will provide the answers you are searching for.

I hope it helps.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Student
rbussiere1
Message 3 of 3 (1,662 Views)

Re: HP ENVY M6-1178sa will not boot from DVD Windows 8

How did that answer the question??

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation