Question

Student
Hevy
Message 1 of 4 (375 Views)

HP ENVY TOUCHSMART M6 KEYBOARD IS STOPS WORKING AFTER 3WEEKS

OK SO THE LAPTOP THAT I NOW HAVE IS THE HP DESCRIBED IN THE SUBJECT. SINCE I HAVE GOTTEN THIS HP IT HAS SERVED ME WELL FOR THE MOST PART...EVERYTHING HAS BEEN WORKING ON THE HP AND AT A GOOD SPEED TOO, BUT NOW IT SEEMS I HAVE A VERY LARGE PROBLEM. MY HP USES WINDOWS 8 OS. I USES THIS LAPTOP TO DO RESEARCH, PLAY GAMES AND SOMETIMES DO MUSIC SO NOT HAVING THE OPTION TO USE THE STANDARD PS/2 KEYBOARD MAKES ALL OF THAT VERY DIFFICULT. LAST NIGHT I UPDATED MY STAR WARS THE OLD REPUBLIC GAME AND LEFT MY LAPTOP OPEN FOR IT TO SLEEP. WHEN I WOKE UP THIS MORNING AND TRIED TO USE MY HP IS WHEN I DISCOVERED THE PROBLEM I SAW THAT THE KEYS WERE NOT WORKING SEEING AS I COULD NOT TYPE A SENTENCE WITH THE ACTUAL KEYBOARD, WHEN THE KEYS DO PRESS IT ENDS UP (G 5555555555555555555555555555) --------- looking like that. RANDOM KEYS WORK AT RANDOM MOMENTS FOR ME. I CANNOT TURN DOWN THE SOUND, CANNOT CONTROL THE BACKLIGHT FOR THE KEYBOARD,  CANNOT ADJUST THE BRIGHTNESS, AND I CANNOT TURN THE WIFI ONOR OFF. THIS HP HAS SUFFERED NO PHYSICAL DAMAGE AND IS UNDER WARRANTY NOW, I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW IF THERE IS A WAY THAT I CAN SOLVE THIS PROBLEM WITHOUT HAVING TO BRING IT BACK TO THE STORE..

Retired
Futoji
Message 2 of 4 (354 Views)

Re: HP ENVY TOUCHSMART M6 KEYBOARD IS STOPS WORKING AFTER 3WEEKS

Hello Hevy, welcome to the HP Forums.

I see that you're having issues with the keyboard working correctly for your notebook. I will try to help you with this.

I would suggest to start with this document: Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 8).

Please let me know how this goes for you.
Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

I worked on behalf of HP.
Student
sws4420
Message 3 of 4 (322 Views)

I am having the same problem with the same unit. 

Upon restart, the keyboard works fine for about 3-5 minutes. After that, nothing on the entire keyboard responds. The touchpad is fine. When it is restarted, it again works fine for another 3-5 minutes. I thoughy maybe it was something I was doing while using it, but it even does it if I'm not using it.

I have done everything in that document and nothing has changed.

Retired
Futoji
Message 4 of 4 (316 Views)

Hi sws4420,

As you've completed the document with no improvement you may want to contact support for repair/replacement options.

HP Technical Support, North America 1-800-474-6836. For all other regions click here.

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

I worked on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation