HP ENVY m6. Install Win7 impossible (10210 Views)
Student
jaswa197
Message 11 of 16 (2,640 Views)

Re: HP ENVY m6. Install Win7 impossible

download the pavilion m6 drivers. except ati and the amd driver. get the graphics drivers from amd and the intel hd4000 from them directly.  then you are all good.

Top Student
Lumbergh
Message 12 of 16 (2,635 Views)

I was able to install Win 7 from via USB as my Envy TouchSmart m6 Sleekbook didnt had a DVD drive. It was not easy though. I struggled for hours with the message: Required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing ...

Problem was my usb drive was 2.0 and the touchsmart supports 3.0 by default. Had to change this in one of the BIOS uptions then it worked. Then was the error with GPT. Figured it out and modified the HD to NTFS format.

Now the problem is I couldnt find proper drivers for Ethernet, Network, PCI Simple Communications Controller etc. How do I get a driver so that internet is up and everything else would be taken care of then. Any input is appreciated.

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 13 of 16 (2,571 Views)

Lumbergh wrote:

I was able to install Win 7 from via USB as my Envy TouchSmart m6 Sleekbook didnt had a DVD drive. It was not easy though. I struggled for hours with the message: Required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing ...

Problem was my usb drive was 2.0 and the touchsmart supports 3.0 by default. Had to change this in one of the BIOS uptions then it worked. Then was the error with GPT. Figured it out and modified the HD to NTFS format.

Now the problem is I couldnt find proper drivers for Ethernet, Network, PCI Simple Communications Controller etc. How do I get a driver so that internet is up and everything else would be taken care of then. Any input is appreciated.

Hello Lumbergh.  

What is the product number for your notebook?  This document can show you where it is located.

Have a great day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

I work for HP.
Student
SweetRide
Message 14 of 16 (1,663 Views)

I have tried to install windows 7 on the HP Envy m6 D5F64PA#ABG. But it wont complete as it reached the last stage saying

"Windows setup could not configure windows to run on this computer's hardware"

and after restarting

"Windows could not complete the installation. To install windows on this computer restart installation"

Tried to reinstall twice, same result. Anyone know the solution around this? btw i already deleted all partitions with not backup to 8. Enabled legacy mode....

HP
Mrstenter
Message 15 of 16 (1,624 Views)

Hi SweetRide,

I understand you are having issues with Windows Setup could not configure Windows from Microsoft. Try F3 to repair the function that requires the Drive's label called "OS_Install" which could be gone by changing partitions. You could take a look at this document on Windows Setup could not configure Windows from Microsoft.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2466753

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Mrs.Tenter
I work on behalf of HP
Student
ramkarki
Message 16 of 16 (90 Views)

please i want to install win 7 but during my installation some error occure i cant install win 7 in my laptop please help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation