Question

Honor Student
mschipperheyn
Message 1 of 4 (22,823 Views)

HP Envy 14: use function keys as normal

Hi,

I have an HP Envy 14. The function keys f1-f12 have been set up so that the you have to use a fn keyboard combination to make the keys work as normal function keys.

What I would like is the reverse: normal keypress is normal function f5=refresh etc. And fn+f1-f12 = special function, increase brightness etc

Is there a way to do this?

Kind regards,

Marc

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 2 of 4 (22,818 Views)

Re: HP Envy 14: use function keys as normal

You Can disable that functionality by disabling "Action Keys Mode" in the BIOS...

Here is the document, that will help you with it... http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02035108&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_US

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Student
Anon42
Message 3 of 4 (14,051 Views)

You work for HP and you use Comic Sans? Business 101: Nobody likes Comic Sans. But thank you for your answer; it was very helpful. :cathappy:

Regards,

Anonymous

Student
Toeharp
Message 4 of 4 (2,468 Views)

Same question as the initial post, but 4 years later, on an HP Envy Touchsmart running Windows 8.1...  

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation