08-26-2010 05:06 AM
I have an HP Envy 14. The function keys f1-f12 have been set up so that the you have to use a fn keyboard combination to make the keys work as normal function keys.
What I would like is the reverse: normal keypress is normal function f5=refresh etc. And fn+f1-f12 = special function, increase brightness etc
Is there a way to do this?
08-26-2010 05:18 AM
You Can disable that functionality by disabling "Action Keys Mode" in the BIOS...
Here is the document, that will help you with it... http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docnam
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)