Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Kudos to 

HP Recommended

Btw, how can I verified which RAID driver do I need? I am using HP ENVY Touchsmart j137tx now. Preinstalled Windows 8.1 and plan to dual boot Windows 7 and Windows 8.

Do I need to change back the "Secure Boot" to enable and "Legacy Support" to disable after done installing Windows 7 and Windows 8?

HP Recommended

Boy, I can not thank you enough. Followed your insturctions step by step and now have Win 7/ sp1 dual booted with Win 8,1.

I tried the same thing with Win Vista, and while the installation started the same, it stopped after the files were installed and it did the first auto restart.

Any ideas about that.

Brad

HP Recommended

just finished instaling WIN7 32b, yes i know it should have been Win 7 x64 but thats what i got.

HP ENvy 17 Notebook PC

17 - J150 ca

Prod: E8A19UA#ABL

everyting works perfect but these drivers:

1- unknown device

2- Intel NUC HD graphics driver

3- NVidia graphics driver 337.0

any links sure would be nice ......

Mitch

HP Recommended
Spoiler
everyting is fixed thanks to my 15 year old son,
Spoiler
THANKS pRESTON, FOR FINDING ALL TEH DRIVERS I NEEDED.
HP Recommended

WHAT IS this   ""Select "Intel RST F6" folder on USB Flash Drive""

HP Recommended

It worked !

HP Recommended

Neither "UEFI-CD/DVD Drive" nor "UEFI-USB Flash Drive" are listed as options in the (F9) boot menu.  What is listed is the following:

• OS boot Manager
  • Boot From EFI File
  • Notebook Hard Drive
  • Internal CD/DVD ROM Drive

Using Rufus, I installed W7 on a clean USB drive configured for "GPT partition scheme for UEFI computer".

Also using Rufus, I copied the Intel f6flpy-x64 drivers onto a clean USB drive (FAT32) and loaded the compatible driver at W7 load.

The W7 installer continues to disallow me to install W7 on a GPT formatted partition.

I created a new partition in unallocated space and formatted it.  That did not help.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

FactsConfuseMe

HP Recommended

My machine is

HP Envy X2 PC modèle : 11-g090ef
No bios legacy and SecureBoot or not impossible to boot, even after reformating my usb stick with all the possibilities (Windows7, Rufus, Unetbootin etc...).
This seems to be incredible but i have, i think, tried all of what i know and i am a "semi-professional".
This Hybrid was with Windows 8.1. I have no more retrieving partition or something to come back to the initial installation. Right now i try Win 10 but with a setup.exe file for it is impossible to boot on the Usb stick.
Do you know what to do to be able to boot with an usb stick? i would be glad to have a solution.

HP Recommended

Some time back in April, I was tinkering with Ubuntu Linux 14.04. I was running it first from the USB, then I kinda liked it. I had to do a partition of my 750GB HDD using Windows, then I did the installation. Of course that went through the steps of setting up Secure Boot, Legacy Boot, etc. Success. 

Then I realized I was too conservative in my HDD division, so I again went to do a re-partitioning, or more precisely, resizing, which went well.

It was on the reinstallation of Ubuntu Linux that I made a fatal mistake: I was going fast, and I didn't notice that my selected choice was not 'Something else' but the first one: 'Erase disk and install...'

And no, I didn't do a back-up of Windows.

And the file recovery process I did was loooooong, loooooong one. And many thanks to TestDisk. It wasn't easy, but I managed to recover my very important files.

Now, having a clean-swept HDD, I did the partitioning to my desired sizes, installed back Windows, then Ubuntu.

I didn't turn off Fast Boot. Just Secure Boot. And followed what others suggested - of course, what worked for my PC.

Unfortunately, the recovery discs that I bought from HP didn't help. I had to figure out on my own how to install back Windows. (I was told that after 3 months, recovery discs are no longer free. So I said, why not then just include the recovery discs? Never mind...)

No, Windows 7 wasn't accepted by my machine, an HP Envy TS-15j127tx unit.

And yes, I am running Windows 8.1 and Ubuntu Linux 14.04. They can co-exist - peacefully.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.