03-20-2013 12:54 PM - edited 03-20-2013 12:59 PM
Re-installed Windows 8 Pro from DVD (from my MSDN subscription) and noticed that the driver for the LAN NIC had installed but was not working and the Wifi driver didn't get installed. I downloaded all of the drivers from:
"Qualcomm Atheros AR9000 Series Wireless LAN Driver for Microsoft Windows" and then the
"Intel Wireless Drivers for Microsoft Windows 8".
Neither installation apparently was the correct driver for the wireless card as the list of unknown devices in the device manager remained the same.
I know the WIfi works as I had it setup and connected before I re-installed Windows 8. I've also tried to use the LAN connection and network connection was not recognized when I plug in the cable.
If there a specific order that the drivers need to be installed in?
Any help would be appreciated.
03-20-2013 03:57 PM - edited 03-20-2013 03:57 PM
Please post the hardware ID's for any devices you need drivers for.
If you don't know where to find the hardware ID, please read the info at the link below.
03-21-2013 11:39 AM
Here are the two that I need drivers for:
03-21-2013 11:51 AM
The first ID is for the wired ethernet controller.
The second one needs this driver:
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)