Question

Honor Student
AndyEvans
Message 1 of 4 (3,100 Views)

HP Envy M6 1225dx with Windows 8 fresh install . LAN and Wifi drivers not installed/working

[ Edited ]

Re-installed Windows 8 Pro from DVD (from my MSDN subscription) and noticed that the driver for the LAN NIC had installed but was not working and the Wifi driver didn't get installed.  I downloaded all of the drivers from:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4132&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=&sw_lang=&product=535975... 

and installed

"Qualcomm Atheros AR9000 Series Wireless LAN Driver for Microsoft Windows" and then the 
"Intel Wireless Drivers for Microsoft Windows 8".

Neither installation apparently was the correct driver for the wireless card as the list of unknown devices in the device manager remained the same.  

I know the WIfi works as I had it setup and connected before I re-installed Windows 8.  I've also tried to use the LAN connection and network connection was not recognized when I plug in the cable. 

If there a specific order that the drivers need to be installed in?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, 

Andy

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 4 (3,082 Views)

Re: HP Envy M6 1225dx with Windows 8 fresh install . LAN and Wifi drivers not installed/working

[ Edited ]

Hi, Andy:

Please post the hardware ID's for any devices you need drivers for.

If you don't know where to find the hardware ID, please read the info at the link below.

http://www.devicedriverfinder.com/blog/device-drivers/how-to-check-the-hardware-id-for-a-windows-dev...

Honor Student
AndyEvans
Message 3 of 4 (3,062 Views)

Re: HP Envy M6 1225dx with Windows 8 fresh install . LAN and Wifi drivers not installed/working

Here are the two that I need drivers for:

Network Controller:

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_18A4103C&REV_0A

Unknown Device:

ACPI\VEN_HPQ&DEV_0004

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 4 of 4 (3,059 Views)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation